Finding Music Sources Frustrating

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Re: Finding Music Sources Frustrating

Postby slideshower » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:00 pm

ozphoto, did you see this thread for music Photodex used with StylePack 4 Grunge Appeal demos - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15647? Lucie

Postby Oldguy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:37 pm

www.Dawnmusic.com has an infinite asortment of music
and in different lengths. It is not free, but you can get what you want.

Forrest

mchriste

Postby mchriste » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:01 am

Yes, it is hard to find. I need some upbeat instrumental music without a beat. Something on the line
of the Forrest Gump Suite style. I have an anniversary video that I am working on. I don't want
mournful or overly sentimental emotions for which I have enough tracks.

I have been to all the sites listed and then some without much success. It would be nice to have a
site that someone put together with recommendations and full descriptions of the style, emotion, and instrumentality
of pieces.

Postby debngar » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:57 am

sbuckel wrote:-snip-

http://www.jimmyg.us/home.aspx

Jimmy Gelhaar makes his music available for use. I like many of them, so fell his music is a bit mournful. Nice collection of music and you can use his music for broadcast with attribution.

-snip-

Scott

Hi Scott,

I like some of the pieces on the Jimmy Gelhaar site. Thanks so much for sharing that link! :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Astra » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:01 pm

To: mchriste
mchriste wrote:Yes, it is hard to find. I need some upbeat instrumental music without a beat. Something on the line
of the Forrest Gump Suite style. I have an anniversary video that I am working on. I don't want
mournful or overly sentimental emotions for which I have enough tracks.

I have been to all the sites listed and then some without much success. It would be nice to have a
site that someone put together with recommendations and full descriptions of the style, emotion, and instrumentality of pieces.

Did you check SmarSound Website - their Music selection & unique SonicFire software ??

Royalty-free, freedom of length & power of combination,
it has all you are asking for: good description of style, emotions described by "+" up to "++++" ,
they are listing instruments used, and also - very usefull : tempo/speed in Beats/Per/Minutes (BPM)...

Link:
http://www.smartsound.com/index.html

Alexandra

digione

Postby digione » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Hello All,

I am very new to the forum. I have been reading a lot of the posts but have never replied. I have been using proshow producer for several years. I really love the program, as I am sure you all do too. Most of my shows are produced for family or friends.

I too have been very frustrated over the last few years at not being able to find music that I could use royalty free that did not cost an arm and a leg.

In response to the music question..... I have recently purchased some track collections from Digital Juice. They are currently having a sale on their music tracks. Most are priced at $24.95 and some up to $39.95. These are royalty free tracks and they have quite a number of genres to choose from. Each collection contains anywhere from 15 to 20 songs.

I also use music from Kevin McCleod. He is a wonderful artist and encourages people to use his music free. All he asks is that you give him the credit for the music on anything you make, like including a credit to him, his website address and the song title in your shows.

Hope that helps. Hope to have more to contribute in the future.

Previous

Return to Music Discussion