Intro show Audio

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Intro show Audio

Postby bonalymac » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:20 am

I'm creating an intro show which features a client's logo as an intro to the main show - effectively a mini advert.

So far I've failed to find any suitable audio. I have in mind a short (slide is 9 secs but could be varied to suit audio) orchestral chord reaching a crescendo before fading to silence.

The main problem is knowing what to search for. I need to narow down my Google search (I'd obviously prefer Royalty free) music if I can, but I don't know what to call this. "Sound FX + Intro" does not give a great deal of help on Google. I'm not even sure if what I want is a Sound FX or a music track!

I don't really want to look at Digital Juice. Their costs and timescale for the UK are not attractive! Any other suggetsions welcome tho!

Thanks
Colin

Re: Intro show Audio

Postby Dean Athans » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:45 am

Colin -

You might want to search through Freeplay Music - Production Music. Many of their offerings include 10-, 15-, 20-etc., sec. clips that might be useful to you. You will, however, have to better define what you're lookinfg for (and I did not notice any "Styles" or "feels" labelled "fanfare").

Also, I doubt if the music is free--check their licensing and terms of use.

- Dean
Dean A

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:48 am

You might want to check out Smart Sound - their stuff can be adjusted for time length to select whatever time you want. Another consideration is something like Sony Acid where you can put loops together into a unique short segment. Check out Acid Planet (for Sony Acid, not children of the 60's :twisted: ) http://www.acidplanet.com/ for some ideas as well. I used Acid Pro to add some intro drum rolls and extend the drums on my intro for the show I just did since I wanted to have about 8 different "wordle" images sync'd to the drums at the end. Various utilities for working with loops can be a good way to create short segments or add punch to a regular piece of music. Just some ideas - I know DJ (I know you said not) also has some stuff on some of the "Backtrax" series they called "logo's" that were designed just for that sort of thing. If you are interested in playing with loops with Sony Acid, one of the other members here ( lahazard ) has worked with Acid and has a lot more experience than I do - you might want to touch bases with him.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby ginger » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:25 am

Hi,

istockphoto.com also has some audio files that you might find useful. You might search for terms like "intro" or "logo" or "stinger". Is this somethiing like what you had in mind?

http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-audio- ... plash1.php

Make sure that you check the license agreement as some of them are different than others.

ginger

Postby bonalymac » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:55 am

Hi

Thanks to all who replied.

The best individual bits of info were Istock + "Stinger" & "Logo". There is so much out there that narrowing it down is sessential.

Just having those two terms has enabled me to narrow it down dramatically. I've alreday found one on Istcok that I'd be happy with. Having a listen to a few others just in case tho.

Thanks

Colin
Colin

Postby Oldguy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:34 pm

You might want to check www.dawnmusic.com
They have a hugh assortment of music as well as
intros & Endings.

Return to Music Discussion