curious about prices at TripleScoopMusic.com

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Re: curious about prices at TripleScoopMusic.com

Postby Bart_B » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:05 am

Got to give me credit for trying. In reading her bio page, I have a hunch she would be pretty easy to work with. Guarantee if I was using her music for a personal or a family production, 99 cents beats 60 bucks and I would have it on my iPod Nano! :)

Bart

Postby debngar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:10 am

I agree, she does have some nice stuff on her site. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby joemav57 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:08 pm

debngar wrote:
joemav57 wrote:When you find a song on Triple Scoop and love it, $60 is expensive. I saw one on there that I wanted for listening purposes only. I wrote an email to them and after a month and a half I got a response. They said the songs eventually may be pulled by the artist and released for sale. But in the same paragraph they said only a small percentage ever do. I can understand the reason they are what they are. As Looney said, buy the ten pack and you have a license to use them in your shows. Doesn't help me out, but eventually I may need songs. Triple Scoop is a great resource.

If you want one of the songs just to listen to, try googling the artist to find their own website. Often you can find the songs there that you can buy for less. There is no license to use for commercial purposes with that purchase of course.

Hi Debbie, I tried that. As a matter of fact it was almost nearly impossible to find information on the artist himself. I did find a way to get it, but not the way I would have prefered. I'm a music collector, I have 5,000 album, 10,000+ 45's, 5000 CD's, and 30,000+ mp3s. I however will not spend $60 to be able to listen to a digital download of one song (even if I have the license to use it in a slideshow). I may spend several hundred dollars for a rare album or 45, but not not for an mp3. I love the song, I even put my record headhunter on it. It's strictly only available on Triple Scoop.
PSP 7, Photoshop CS6, Nikon D3100.

Postby Looney » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:26 pm

debngar wrote:It doesn't seem like they allow use of it in a DVD you've been contracted to produce to sell to someone. That I think is considered a retail purpose and according to the "single user" use restrictions is not allowed. If that's the case, to me, that definitely isn't worth the money IMO. I"m assuming the fee is even more if the song is used for selling the DVD to someone. If that's that case, it's REALLY not worth it. They require further contact to discuss that kind of licensing. :(

Stock20's instrumentals and their related site, redbeard, that has royalty free vocals is more reasonable I think. :|

You can sell your DVD...check out this part of the Triple Scoop Music license agreement.

c. Video/DVD: You may use the music within your event videos, corporate presentation videos, PowerPoint presentations, portfolio presentations, web video clips, within flash animation, slide show presentations, promotional videos and promotional DVDs
(not exceeding 5000 promotional-only units or copies and not packaged for retail/commercial sale);

I forgot to mention that I checked out http://www.redbeardmusic.com. They have some good songs as well, but their license is limited to one year for $30 and their selection of music is very limited. If you are going to pay $30 for one year, then Triple Scoop Music is a bargain for a license that allows the use for 99 years from purchase date. I have done plenty of research on this music topic and 99 cents or a dollar or two does not give you the right to synchronize with your slideshows. Synchronization Rights are the type of rights that we need for slideshows as was mentioned in one of the posts. If any of you are finding music with licenses that can be used for 99 cents and the like, I would be interested in hearing about those. What other sources are people using for royalty free music? I google artists as well as look for them on http://www.myspace.com.

Postby debngar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:43 pm

Promotional DVDs are like demo DVDs - which is something usually given away. If we produce a DVD for someone for a price (hence, retail plus tax in fact) that falls under a retail/commercial sale.

I have done plenty of research on this music topic and 99 cents or a dollar or two does not give you the right to synchronize with your slideshows.

I never implied the .99 cent version of a song was buying the sync license. Bart had said he thought he'd found a way to pay extra for a mechanical license which isn't the same as a sync license. Either way, it isn't available on the site he was sharing. Most .99 versions off songs just gives you the right to have one copy of the file to listen to and that's about it.

The discussion was about trying to find some of the triplescoop artists personal websites to see if there were regular .99 versions to purchase the song in order to just to listen to the music like any other artist's music.

IMO Triplescoop is only a bargain if you happen to like the music on the site. If you do, great.

I don't care for most of the stuff on the Triplescoop site anyways and haven't ever bought anything from them.
Debbie

Postby Bart_B » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:07 pm

joemav57 wrote:
debngar wrote:
joemav57 wrote:I tried that. As a matter of fact it was almost nearly impossible to find information on the artist himself. I did find a way to get it, but not the way I would have prefered. I'm a music collector, I have 5,000 album, 10,000+ 45's, 5000 CD's, and 30,000+ mp3s. I however will not spend $60 to be able to listen to a digital download of one song (even if I have the license to use it in a slideshow). I may spend several hundred dollars for a rare album or 45, but not not for an mp3. I love the song, I even put my record headhunter on it. It's strictly only available on Triple Scoop.

He's a she, ( Lianna Klassen) she is very easy to Google with a lot of information including her own website. The song is on it and available for download. It may be a slight variation of what's offered on Triple Scoop but having listened to all of the Triple Scoop and a good deal of the version on her website I don't find $59 worth of difference. Both versions (actually all three are gorgeous).

Bart

Esteemed Member

Postby joemav57 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:06 pm

Klassen's music is available also on Amazon.

Esteemed Member

Postby joemav57 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Bart, the song I want is sang and recorded by a guy name Hellstern! My post was in regard to wanting that song on Triple Scoop and not wanting to pay $60 for it. Try finding Richard Hellstern's "Beautiful To Me" on the internet. As a matter of fact, I don't think he recorded much more after that.

I was not talking about Lianna Klassen, I found her music available easily on Amazon and iTunes!!!!

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Well, now I'm at a stand still. The version I want is the "light vocal". The full version is not really approriate for a wedding show, not available for .99cents.

It's quite a beautiful melody. But I thought I would also be purchasing a license to use it legally in a show. It's a good thing they don't pay me for my thoughts. So much for trying to go "legal".
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Postby Bart_B » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Sorry Joe,

Your comments were right in the middle of a conversation about Klassen. Assumed you were talking about the same person.

Bart

Postby debngar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:46 pm

joemav57 wrote:Bart, the song I want is sang and recorded by a guy name Hellstern! My post was in regard to wanting that song on Triple Scoop and not wanting to pay $60 for it. Try finding Richard Hellstern's "Beautiful To Me" on the internet. As a matter of fact, I don't think he recorded much more after that.

I was not talking about Lianna Klassen, I found her music available easily on Amazon and iTunes!!!!

Looks like Hellstern is actually a part of a group of people that pen songs for other performers.

http://www.myspace.com/penmusicgroupinc

His name shows up under PEN Music Group, Inc. general information. He is listed as - Royalties Manager/Creative Coordinator.

He is also listed in the personal bio section on their website here:
http://www.penmusic.com/PEN/About_Us.html

But you're right, he's not a regular kind of musician, the kind that has his own website. :(
Debbie

Postby AMD » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:03 pm

If you read the TripleScoop license, you will see that it most certainly does cover DVDs made for clients. TripleScoop really does have some nice music--probably, IMO, some of the best royalty-free around--and most of it is vocals. I have to agree with Hunny and some others, however, that it is a bit too "rich" for me. If I put three songs in a show, I have spent $180 just on music. That is the price of a show!!! I would be willing to pay $15 a track but just can't afford $60. As I have posted repeatedly, music is my nemesis when preparing shows. I have 27 Digital Juice Staxx Track albums, 2 DJ Worship worship albums, and 2 DJ Back Traxx albums in addition to at least a dozen SmartSound albums and several other similar royalty-free albums, and still I don't feel I have good music to put in my shows.

Ann

Postby stiophan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi all, here is my two bob's worth on the subject.
I always believed to sell 10 /20/ 100 copies of a product for say $ 5 ea is better business sense, than selling a few or none at all for $ 60 ea. It also allows lots more potential clients to hear your product. Thank goodness the sellers on the forum have more down to earth pricing on their products, especially when you think of the dedicated work they put into them.

Regards Steve

Esteemed Member

Postby joemav57 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:33 pm

Patricia_C wrote:Well, now I'm at a stand still. The version I want is the "light vocal". The full version is not really approriate for a wedding show, not available for .99cents.

It's quite a beautiful melody. But I thought I would also be purchasing a license to use it legally in a show. It's a good thing they don't pay me for my thoughts. So much for trying to go "legal".

Patty, where did you hear the full "light vocal" version of the song at? On Triple Scoop they only give you a 1:00 sampling.

Although, you can't sample it on her website, there is an accompaniment version of the "Celtic Blessing" for $5.99. I have a very good hunch/feeling that this is the "light vocal" version you seek. accompaniment usually means no or little vocals on the recording. For $5.99, I think it is worth a shot if you love that song. Just a thought. Let me know if you decide to purchase it and if that is the version. Also, again, let me know where you heard the full version of the "light vocal" cut. Thanks!!! :)

http://www.liannaklassen.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=186

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:27 am

This is the show where I heard the light vocals version of Celtic Blessings.

by member ghawk...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14537

Thanks for the info about the song. I'll check it out.

Regards,
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

PreviousNext

Return to Music Discussion