curious about prices at TripleScoopMusic.com

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

curious about prices at TripleScoopMusic.com

Postby HunnyB » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 am

I got really excited when I found this website. Then I quickly noticed that ONE song....ONE was $60.00. How is that possible? Why in the world would you pay $60.00 for ONE song. I am curious. And I am a little upset. I can't pay that for a single song. It's crazy. :twisted:
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Re: curious about prices at TripleScoopMusic.com

Postby bellzerr » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:46 am

Hunny -
Speaking of songs, you've heard me sing this one before... SmartSound - when they're on sale. I just purchased 8 albums at $24 each on sale. Over 100 songs in total, and with the ability to modify them and adjust the length among other features comes to $2.40 per song. Now that's a bargain. And now I have a library with a great mix of music styles suitable for just about any show. :D :D
Mark

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 am

Hey Hunny
Your absolutely right it is totally crazy. I thought you must've misread something so I had to check it out myself. WOW $60 Too rich for my blood!! $35 a pint ...lol... Royalty Free music is our only way, paying for licenses is nuts.
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby heckydog » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:05 pm

I didn't believe HunnyB or Ron :lol: so I had to check it out for MY self too.

Not only are the prices way out of my league..............

but I never heard of ANY of their "Grammy and Emmy winning artists, as well as acclaimed songwriters and musicians from around the globe."

or any of the artists that I should know. :(

tell me that I'm not that out of touch :oops:

Joe

PS I wish them lots o' luck

Postby Looney » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:42 pm

I have a library of songs from Triple Scoop Music and for good reasons. They have thousands of Royalty Free Songs available to license for productions and awesome customer service. Yes, it is expensive to buy just one song, but songs are cheaper when a collection is purchased or when you buy 10+ songs and you have a license for the songs that you purchase. To fully understand their license agreement, see the link below. I am yet to purchase anything from SmartSound, since most (or all) of their music is instrumental. :D

http://triplescoopmusic.com/contentdocuments/TSM_2010_UserLicenseWeb.pdf

Just curious, where are you getting your music?

Esteemed Member

Postby joemav57 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:48 pm

When you find a song on Triple Scoop and love it, $60 is expensive. I saw one on there that I wanted for listening purposes only. I wrote an email to them and after a month and a half I got a response. They said the songs eventually may be pulled by the artist and released for sale. But in the same paragraph they said only a small percentage ever do. I can understand the reason they are what they are. As Looney said, buy the ten pack and you have a license to use them in your shows. Doesn't help me out, but eventually I may need songs. Triple Scoop is a great resource.
PSP 7, Photoshop CS6, Nikon D3100.

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:59 pm

There is just ONE song I want from Triple Scoop. Which is a song I heard hear at the forum. Celtic Blessings. I AM going to buy this one song for $60.00. And I have to laugh at myself, becuase there are many things I will NOT spend that much money one. But the song is SOOO beautiful and I can see myself using it for many many wedding shows, so I hope to get my money out of it. My justification anyway.

Regards,
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Postby HunnyB » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:14 am

I guess Patricia if you plan to use that song for many, many, many, many projects - it would be worth it :roll:
I just can't do it.

Looney - I have searched the web and have just a few royalty free pieces. Everything else is "illegal" stuff. :wink:

Glad some of you checked out the site - and I know I did not read it wrong.
But now, I do understand it is purchasing the license too.

Thanks!!!
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby debngar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:28 am

It doesn't seem like they allow use of it in a DVD you've been contracted to produce to sell to someone. That I think is considered a retail purpose and according to the "single user" use restrictions is not allowed. If that's the case, to me, that definitely isn't worth the money IMO. I"m assuming the fee is even more if the song is used for selling the DVD to someone. If that's that case, it's REALLY not worth it. They require further contact to discuss that kind of licensing. :(

Stock20's instrumentals and their related site, redbeard, that has royalty free vocals is more reasonable I think. :|
Last edited by debngar on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby debngar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:36 am

joemav57 wrote:When you find a song on Triple Scoop and love it, $60 is expensive. I saw one on there that I wanted for listening purposes only. I wrote an email to them and after a month and a half I got a response. They said the songs eventually may be pulled by the artist and released for sale. But in the same paragraph they said only a small percentage ever do. I can understand the reason they are what they are. As Looney said, buy the ten pack and you have a license to use them in your shows. Doesn't help me out, but eventually I may need songs. Triple Scoop is a great resource.

If you want one of the songs just to listen to, try googling the artist to find their own website. Often you can find the songs there that you can buy for less. There is no license to use for commercial purposes with that purchase of course.
Debbie

Postby Ron » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:51 am

I guess Patricia if you plan to use that song for many, many, many, many projects - it would be worth it

Hi Pat
I will have to agree with hunny on this..$60 is not happening....I think a dollar a song is a good rate, maybe 2 and if its really good 3 ...lol
The part that confuses me, at least thats the way I see it is.... If we were allowed to use any music wouldn't we be promoting the artist and his work not taking money off his table...because there isn't hardly any slide shows makers willing to cough up the big bucks IMHO

If a picture is worth a thousand words what is a song worth...............????
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby Bart_B » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:10 am

Debbie,

Great point. I tracked Celtic Blessing down in triple scoop. The artist is Lianna Klassen, I then googled her. You can get this, "Celtic Blessing" (which I am going to do) right from her web site for $0.99. Beats the wham out of 60 bucks. Just to make it easy, http://www.liannaklassen.com/shop/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=18 . Also take the time to read on her website the section "Mechanical Rights". It explains how you can use her music commerically for a very modest sum.

Good luck.

Bart

Postby debngar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:34 am

Hi Bart,

Where did you find the terms of use for her music on her site? I can't seem to find it. I clicked on the terms of use but that isn't referring to the use of her music.

What we'd need to know about is the purchase of a "sync" license. Where is that?
Debbie

Postby Bart_B » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:44 am

Hi Debbie,

http://www.liannaklassen.com/mechanical-rights.html is the page on mechanical rights I was referring to. I just took a quick look at it (as I'm at work and should be actually doing something productive :)) and didn't focus closely on the languauge. It doesn't do what I thought it did. It just refers to rights giving you the right to manufacture or duplicate one of Lianna's songs as performed by an artist other than Lianna. In digging around the website I can find nothing either that refers directly to our topic. My guess is one would need to contact her for permissions. Once again, just to make life simple!!

Lianna Klassen

313 D'Youville Pl #301
Montreal, Quebec
H2Y 2B5

Phone: 514-849-6909
Fax: 514-849-7079
Email: lianna@liannaklassen.com

Bart

Postby debngar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:59 am

Bart,

I kind of thought that was the case.

I'm pretty sure what you'd typically want to look for is synchronization rights. As you found out, mechanical rights is related to performance based rights, not what ProShow users are usually looking for.

Thanks.
Debbie

Next

Return to Music Discussion