curious about prices at TripleScoopMusic.com

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Re: curious about prices at TripleScoopMusic.com

Postby VidQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:33 am

Hunny....I'll chime in on why I use them....because I use them a lot.

To my knowledge (and if I'm wrong, someone please correct me so I might be able to save some money!!) Triple Scoop is the only place you can get Royalty Free Music with Lyrics. Good Royalty Free Music with Lyrics. I can get cheap Muzak anywhere on the web, but I need the music to actually help me sell my templates, not just be some annoying music in the background. And, obviously, I can't use popular music since I broadcast the songs over the internet via YouTube.

They charge that much because their main clientele is businesses who are willing to pay extra for music that doesn't sound like it should be played in an elevator :wink:

My 2 cents!

Jennifer

Postby AMD » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 am

Jennifer is certainly correct about good music. The first time I heard any TripleScoop music was viewing her wedding template. I was "blown away" by the music and loved the template. After reading her credits that the music could be purchased for personal use at i-Tunes and for commercial use at TripleScoop, I checked out TripleScoop. I did absolutely love what I heard there. I surely wish I could afford to use their music; however, unfortunately, I can't--as I posted earlier, three songs would cost me more than I charge for some shows.

Though Redbeard does have such a limited supply, they have a couple of nice tracks by Michelle Featherstone and T Carter, and I would be interested in them except for the one-year limit on the license. With my budget I guess I am still relegated to the "same-old, same-old" royalty-free instrumentals that, unfortunately, don't do a whole lot for my shows.

Ann

Esteemed Member

Postby joemav57 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:43 am

Patricia_C wrote:This is the show where I heard the light vocals version of Celtic Blessings.

by member ghawk...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14537

Thanks for the info about the song. I'll check it out.

Regards,

Patty, I contacted Lianna Klassen on her Facebook page. I asked her if the accompaniament track is the same as the "light vocal" version on Triple Scoop. She actually responded to me and told me that yes, they a both the same. So for $5.99 (remember her site is in Canadian dollars) you can have the same song you heard in that show and not have to spend the $60. I was quite surprised she responded. I did buy her whole album (The Guest). Very beautiful vocals. Very inspirational.

BTW, she also has a very reasonable licensing agreement on her website when you can "pay per CD/DVD" licensing.
PSP 7, Photoshop CS6, Nikon D3100.

Postby silverfox » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:25 pm

T Carter website is offering single use of wedding music for $9.95
or one year unlimited for $24.95

http://www.tcartermusic.com/

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Joe,

Thank you so much for checking on this! Really appreciate it.

Regards,
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:23 pm

T Carter's music is great too.
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Postby HunnyB » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:19 pm

VidQueen wrote:They charge that much because their main clientele is businesses who are willing to pay extra for music that doesn't sound like it should be played in an elevator :wink:
Jennifer

I understand now about this website. And I can see how it would be very useful for you. I fell in love with the music and wish it were cheaper, for ameaturs like me.... :lol: :lol:
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby Looney » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:27 pm

AMD wrote:If you read the TripleScoop license, you will see that it most certainly does cover DVDs made for clients. TripleScoop really does have some nice music--probably, IMO, some of the best royalty-free around--and most of it is vocals. I have to agree with Hunny and some others, however, that it is a bit too "rich" for me. If I put three songs in a show, I have spent $180 just on music. That is the price of a show!!! I would be willing to pay $15 a track but just can't afford $60. As I have posted repeatedly, music is my nemesis when preparing shows. I have 27 Digital Juice Staxx Track albums, 2 DJ Worship worship albums, and 2 DJ Back Traxx albums in addition to at least a dozen SmartSound albums and several other similar royalty-free albums, and still I don't feel I have good music to put in my shows.

Ann

You are correct with regards to being able to use for DVDs for clients. I contacted TSM again and here is what was written to me. I knew this from previous experience, but asked for clarification.
Retail/Commercial sale refers to products created packaged for mass market sale, such as Educational and Entertainment DVDs. These are quite different than a personal slideshow or video created for a family, wedding, memorial, etc.

Here are the specifics:

TSM Standard License:

If you purchase a song from TSM you receive a single-user license to include the songs in slideshows you create. This means that you can create and sell personal slideshows to your customers with our music as the soundtrack to their photos.
This is 100% within the scope of the $60 license and fits most slideshow creators.
Also, everyone should be aware that these songs can get used over and over for a period of 99 years to that single user who purchases the songs. This is one of the reasons why I use them and like a few of the others say, they have good RFM with lyrics. IMO, $60 is pocket change when you think of the consequences of not getting a synch license and getting caught. Like Jennifer, I am interested in knowing if there are other places to get good RFM with lyrics. Thank you to those who have posted some other useful resources. :)

@joemav57,
I am interested in the link for the licensing agreement for Lianna Klassen where you can "pay per CD/DVD licensing". Thanks.

Esteemed Member

Postby joemav57 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Looney wrote:@joemav57,
I am interested in the link for the licensing agreement for Lianna Klassen where you can "pay per CD/DVD licensing". Thanks.

Sorry I misread the site, you have to pay a license fee of $50 for usage/manufacturing under 500 copies. My bad! BTW, they also updated this site within the last two days

http://www.liannaklassen.com/mechanical-rights.html
PSP 7, Photoshop CS6, Nikon D3100.

Previous

Return to Music Discussion