Big Sale at Smart Sound

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Big Sale at Smart Sound

Postby bellzerr » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:52 pm

The sale items are the single-layer albums, not the multi-layer ones, but I find the single-layer albums usually have more songs on them anyway. Good time to stock up!

We just launched a great sale on all of our customizable single-layer stereo music albums. Each album is just $24.95. This is $10 cheaper than the best loyalty discount, so it's a great deal for everyone.
This sale is set to expire on Sunday, February 7, 2010 at 11:59pm Pacific Time.

http://www.smartsound.com/sonicfire/mus ... demo#music

Re: Big Sale at Smart Sound

Postby Astra » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:07 am

Good value for your money:

each album has about 8-10 melodies, each melody has 5-8 variations ...

(But - you need a program to use it, though - either free "Express Track" - kind of "small brother" ...
... or $99 "Scoring Edition" of SonicFire Pro 5.0)

All ours to customize, all Royalty Free ... :)

Alexandra

Postby bellzerr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:05 am

All,
Actually, after spending the last couple of evenings sampling the albums on sale (70 of them so far with still more on sale I want to listen to) about 1/4 of them are 10 songs with well over half of them having 16 or more tracks. This is a great value and the music is top notch. There are even a few "Best of" albums that give a good variety of music genres for your ProShow library. All can be modified by automatically moving segments around, increase or decrease the tempo, increase or decrease the pitch, lengthen or shorten the song to perfectly match your show, and it provides great search tools to help you find just the right tune. This system is simply the best.
Mark

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Mark,
I have spent most of the morning looking at the SonicFire Software and some of their music. It is quite powerful. The thing that I find intriguing is how to use it to do some simple scoring, which is more powerful than what you can do with the Digital Juice Juicer software.

The music on sale does not appear to be their layered music. That is a shame as the layered music is what allows you to use mood mapping and the like. From my unofficial observations, it would seem that the quality of the music between the two are very similar. However, when coupled with the $99 Sonic Fire software, I would give it the edge over Juicer.

I like their Serene album, Core Sessions, and Open Road. However, I must admit that after an hour of perusing the selections. they started to sound alike to me. Could just be listener fatigue. It would be great if either Digital Juice or Sonic Fire would combine some vocals on some of their tracks. I think that is part of the reason why people continue to use pop music in their shows. It adds another dimension.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby bellzerr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 pm

The music on sale is, indeed, all single layer. Although mood mapping is not available, once you have SonicFire, you will still find several variations for each song, you can break up the music "segments" and most handy of all, simply "stretch" or "shrink" a song down to perfectly match the length of your show. Very cool.

They do run sales on the multi-track albums as well - just not usually as many as not as deeply discounted as the $24.95 price. Last week they had a 3-pack for $99 and at the bottom of this link is a 5-pack for $249, all multi-track.
http://www.smartsound.com/specials/index.html?utm_source=jan10&utm_campaign=trmsfpdemo

Mark

Return to Music Discussion