Music for Disney World slide show

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Music for Disney World slide show

Postby folkroots » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:29 am

I just want to start off with by saying what an amazing group of people are on this forum. Everybody is so helpful. :)
This is my first post so bear with me. I am putting together a show for my friends daughter who has cystic fibrosis. Last summer "The Make a Wish Foundation" sent the family on a trip to Disney world and this is the focus of my show.
The problem is I am stuck as to what music to use for the beginning of the show. I want to finish with the The circle of life from the lion King. The show is going to be about 8 min. long. The feel of the show is not about " The Make a Wish Foundation" or Cystic Fibrosis. I will be doing another show that will focus on that later for their annual golf tournament in support of Cystic Fibrosis. This one will focus on just the Disney World experience. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Re: Music for Disney World slide show

Postby kabeeo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:53 am

If it's just a private show then how about "A Whole New World" from Alladin? Watch it though, the Disney folks are a tad protective about their copyrights!!
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 am

I would start it with ' The Mickey Mouse Club March', this would give you lots of time to tell the story in pictures and words,,,,

M
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:07 pm

Ok here goes.

I have an opening with 'When you wish upon a star', followed by 'Micky Mouse club marhc' for the parade.
This is followed by 'It's a small world' for guess what, the small world ride.

Animal kingdom has 'I wanna be like you', and the Magic Kingdom fireworks has 'Symphony No 5', Chicago Symphony Orchestra version.

Epcot has, 'Walt Disney World-Epcot-Millenium Celebration-Illuminations 2000-Reflections of Earth'

Dinner show at Polynesian resort has 'Oe,Oe' and Hawiian Roller coaster'

MGM Studios has 'Gotta Go My Way' for one of the rides, 'Fantasmic' for, guess again, the Fantasmic show followed by 'Miracle on 34 Street' for the street area lit up for Christmas.

And the Downtown area has 'Movie Night at Downtown Disney'

Maybe the above will give you some ideas. The show is for my own personal use, memories of 2008/2009 New Year trip, and has not been published anywhere, I have the same concerns as Kevin.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby folkroots » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:25 am

Thanks for your input folks . I appreciate all your suggestions.. :)

Keith

Postby czali » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5TqcNog1Fk

Love this version of "A Dream is a wish your heart makes" The song really picks up after a few secs. Love it!

Colleen

Postby folkroots » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Thanks Colleen, I will check it out..

Keith

Return to Music Discussion