Giveaway - 1/18/10 - music catalog

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Giveaway - 1/18/10 - music catalog

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:55 am

This is one that DickK probably would have liked to see a couple weeks ago. Giveaway of the Day has "AllMySongs Database 1.2" for free, and of course, just for today. Find it here: AllMySongs

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Giveaway - 1/18/10 - music catalog

Postby bellzerr » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 am

Freebies are cool but is the software any good? I'm at work so I didn't take time to search the forum. Pretend I'm a newbie who doesn't know any better and tell me if this software does the job. :wink:
Mark

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:45 am

Mark, I have no notion if it's good or not because I don't need it, having my own long-standing method for cataloging music. I'm sure someone will show up who has an opinion about it. Unfortunately, Giveaway no longer has those wonderfully long-winded reviews, and so it's hard to figure out how good or bad a piece of software is by looking at the short remarks.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

VicGuy

Postby VicGuy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:33 am

I still prefer & suggest Media Monkey. They have a free version which is great. I have the paid version which monitors any new music I add to my library. I read some of the reviews on " All My Songs " and I still suggest the free version of Media Monkey.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:18 pm

Yeah at this point I'd have to agree. MediaMonkey has everything I was looking for and a whole lot more. I'm using the free version simply because there's nothing I need or want that isn't in this but I'd happily buy the Gold version if there was. It's really good, although it's "cost" me a bunch of hours getting the music organized--which I only thought was the case before starting with it.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to Music Discussion