Hear it but can't see soundtrack?

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows

Hear it but can't see soundtrack?

Postby mudcat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:59 am

I am a new Producer 4.1 user. I inserted a video clip of a song being sung into a slideshow I'm working on. When the show gets to that slide the audio comes through but does not show up on the soundtrack no matter what i try. Is there a short explanation for why? I want to split off the soundtrack from the video so they can be edited separately. Is that possible within Producer or perhaps another software? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

mudcat

Re: Hear it but can't see soundtrack?

Postby lennyman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 am

You need to extract the sound track and can do this with a free program called avi2wav. You can download it from http://avi2wav-extractor.findmysoft.com/ I have used the program and it works fine.
David

Postby mudcat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:35 am

Thanks, Lennyman,

I downloaded avi2wav...it keeps trying to open in windows media player but a box pops up saying windows media player cannot open it. How do I get it to open? Is there a specific program I should tell it to open with?

mudcat

Postby lennyman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:49 am

Hi
Not sure what has happened to your download. Try this link which will let you download a zip file. http://agrgic.tripod.com/avi2wav/ Then unzip it and run the file called avi2wav.exe
Any problems PM me and I can help you further
David

Postby mudcat » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:20 am

In the end I Googled "separating audio from video" and discovered an easy way using my Adobe Premier Elements software--Just click the soundtrack and choose "Unlink audio and video" from the menu that appears. Viola! Thank you, lennyman (David)? :-) for you help. I did finally get avi2wav downloaded as well.

mudcat

Return to Music Discussion