Disney music

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
Valued Member

Disney music

Postby Harry » Mon May 04, 2009 2:21 pm

I am looking for some suggestions for music to include in a show for a Disney trip. My niece just called me to say she wanted me to do a show for her about her recent trip to Disney. Right about now my mind is totally blank for music. Must be old age catching up to me to quickly. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Harry

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Disney music

Postby briancbb » Mon May 04, 2009 2:51 pm

There is a new program available www.spotify.com , some people may not like it as it works on a peer-to-peer principle, storing music on your computer that you have listened too. The program is perfectly legal for music streaming, and very good, with over 10million tunes available. It requires a small registration, there is a free version with adverts every 1/2 hour and a pay version with no adverts. It was reviewed alongside iTunes on the UK TV show 'Gadget Show' this evening.

With the right sound card and 'Audacity's' 'Record what you Hear' feature the songs can be recorded, but this is not a legal use of the program.

It does use up to 10% of your harddrive, which it uses for the peer-to-peer share, but in the options this space can be reduced to just a few megabytes.

Just put 'disney' into the search and you will be able to listen (and perhaps record) well over 100 disney songs. I have just been using it for that very purpose, having been to Disney World over New Year and putting a show together. Have nearly 1000 pictures!
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Valued Member

Postby Harry » Mon May 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Thanks Brian. I went to the site to try to find some songs. It says I need a invitation token to sign up. So I am on their waiting list. 1000 pics to go through!!!!! Better you then me. She told me she only has about 200 for me to work with.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon May 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Harry

That is a great pity you have to wait. Just looked but I do not have any 'invites' left, sorry. I did not need an invite and was on in minutes.

However I know people who have got on in one or two days, I hope it is not longer for you. I think it is a great research site. Put in just about any artist, composer, classical to pop and up comes a great selection.

So far I have used,
'When you wish upon a star' - opening sequence
'It's a small world' - Magic Kindom including pics in Its a small world
'Mickey Mouse Club March' - Christmas Parade
'I wanna be like you' - Animal Kingdom
'Symphony No 5, Beethoven' - Christmas Fireworks

still need for Epcot and New Year fireworks, some odds and ends, and for the second week at the Gulf Coast
Last edited by briancbb on Mon May 04, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Valued Member

Postby Harry » Mon May 04, 2009 3:27 pm

I am sure it shouldn't take too long. In the meanwhile I will just try to think of some songs. It is time to use some of my brain anyway. Just have to knock off some of the cobwebs.........

Esteemed Member

Postby joemav57 » Mon May 04, 2009 6:55 pm

Hi Harry, just a quick note, if you live in the USA like I do, double check it, you'll find out like I did. The United States is not listed as one of the countries that "Spotify" is available in. Unfortunately, even if we had the invitation token we would not be able to use the site. It blocks our US IP addresses.
PSP 7, Photoshop CS6, Nikon D3100.

Postby czali » Tue May 05, 2009 6:02 am

Joe,

I did a show for children and used "A dream is a wish your heart makes" Daniel Bedingfield version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5TqcNog1Fk

This comes from a Disney CD that has serveral great songs and volumes to choose from.

Good Luck!

Colleen

Postby czali » Tue May 05, 2009 6:05 am

Valued Member

Postby Harry » Tue May 05, 2009 12:45 pm

Thanks for the help Colleen. It is much appreciated.

Harry

Valued Member

Postby photoshowstudio » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:58 am

I too am a Disney nut, and there are some CD's they only sell in the parks and you usually will not find them online anywhere. It's one of their incentives to get you into the park. I know of one place in Disney's California Adventure in their Hollywood area called, "Off The Page". It's a place that sells figurines and art and in one corner holds the Holy Grail of Disney music. It's my favorite lactaion there. They sell one called "Mannheim Steamroller meets the Mouse", which is Mannheim Steamroller's version of some Disney songs and I don't believe I have seen it anywhere else.

The more imprtant one is "The Official Album of Disneyland". It is is 2 CD set, with ride music (and music that plays in the background) for virtually every ride at Disneyland. It's got the E.P. Ripley Train intro, Hanuted mansion, Pirates, and even the Pre-Parade music for the Grand Marshal. My personal favorite is the "Remember...Dreams Come True" soundtrack so you get the full 17 minute music track from the fireworks show. That one works good for slideshows, because it has small clips of rides, princesses, you name it, thrown into the mix and you could build a show around that.

In order to get them, you DO NOT have to enter or even visit the parks. All Disney Parks have a system set up to where if you call them, they will deliver it to your home. It's called Delivears - get it, clever group, aren't they??
Simply call the parks, ask about Off the Page, and here is the information you might want to tell them.

To help if you are ordering via Disneyland Delivears, here are the album titles and their product numbers –

Disneyland Resort Official Album – Remember the Moments

Walt Disney World Official Album – Where Magic Lives

Also, if you want to see a show I did for a "dream" trip to Disneyland, here is a link. In this show is some very unique pictures of the "Suite-est Dream" we ever had.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 2620&alb=0

kele

Postby kele » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:30 pm

I am working on a Disney slideshow right now, and I have found some great music at the local library.

I am using songs from "Mickey, Where Art Thou"--bluegrass; several of the radio disney and/or disney mania or disney superstars. I found a disney princess lulluby album that has nice instrumentals, if you need a slow part. Any of the movies will have a soundtrack.

Animal Kingdom---Circle of Life, off of Mickey Where Art Thou
Epcot evening---True to your Heart---stevie wonder and 98 Degrees
Hollywood Studios---You've Got a Friend in Me---Randy Newman and Lyle Lovett
Epcot 2nd Evening---Someday My Prince WIll come ---right now, from the lullabies, but thinking about a MIles Davis version which is really long, so will have to be edited some way.
Magic Kingdom---Supercalifragilistic---banjos and guitar instrumental from Mickey Where Art thou
Magic Kingdom---Spectromagic Music--- Music from the Park
Magic Kingdom/Bippity Boppity Boo---A Dream is a Wish YOur Heart Makes----Music from the Park.

There are so many, and tons of versions out there. The library is a great resource.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:21 pm

A word of warning and advice is in order.

If you use Disney music, don't put it anywhere public including the PhotoDex site, YouTube, etc. if you don't wish to receive at least a legal notice of 'cease and desist'.

Disney is very aggressive in protecting their intellectual property (copyrighted anything and trademarks).

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:37 am

Dick is correct!

I once used a very small image of Mickey Mouse on a poster for a show I was producing, and they fined me £2000 ($4000)

Not a good move to use anything Disney, for anything other than personal use......Never put it in the public domain or on shows you give away or sell....

Mel
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Return to Music Discussion