Copying Slides

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold

Copying Slides

Postby kabeeo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:28 am

Hi. I have a slide with two layers that move across each other and I would like to freeze them after they reach their destination but the transitions kicks in at that point. Can I either delay the transition or "copy" the final resting place into the next slide so the viewers can see it for a few moments? Thanks.
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Copying Slides

Postby Studio7Productions » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:38 am

Hi

Try looking at this link, I may have your answers

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uXkizqXaKT0

You did not say if you use PSG or PSP, so this may explain for either

Regards
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Postby kabeeo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:54 am

Thanks. I should have told you PSG. In fact I changed my signature to reflect that. I think that vid will help me. Thank you.
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Postby kabeeo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:21 am

OK I am a victim of my own creativity. I have a slide with 14 layers now. Most of them, all but 2, emerge from behind the others during the slide and take up residence around the edge of the picture. Must admit that it looks pretty cool. The problem is that the transition kicks in at the end and you can't really get a great look at the pics once they stop moving. I want to have the exact scene from the end of the slide copied into the next slide as a still for a few seconds. I have tried to re-create it but cant get it just right and you can see the jump. Is there a way to copy the last scene or more accurately re-create it? Thanks. Sometimes I would be better off without my hairbrained ideas!!!!
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Postby Barbara_K » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:37 am

On the Motion tab click "Copy" at the bottom. Choose "Copy end to next slide (all layers)". Insert a Cut transition between the two slides and you should have the effect you want.

Barbara

Postby kabeeo » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:19 am

Thank you Barbara !
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Return to PSG - Style & Technique