help!! fall in ballons

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
mahmosh

help!! fall in ballons

Postby mahmosh » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:05 pm

hey ... anyone can help me ??
i want to add to my video .. ballons that are falling from top to down .. doesn't matter if it ballons or hearts or papers or something else ...i want the idea .. and if u have files that can help me plz add it ..
thanks alot ..
mahmosh

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: help!! fall in ballons

Postby DickK » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:45 pm

I assume you mean you want small somethings, like the balloons or hearts, to fall down over another image.

The key thing you need to use is layers.

To do this you'll need an image editor and an image that has the shape (or shapes) in it that you want--you need a picture with a balloon in it. Let's start with just one object--one balloon. Basically, what you need to do first is use the editor to "cut" the balloon out of the image and save it so there's nothing in that image except the balloon; any area not covered by the balloon is set to be transparent. Now just drop that on the slide as a new layer, it's now on top of the background image. On the motion menu set the Start for the balloon layer out of view at the top, and the End position for the balloon layer where you want it to end up (on the image or off of it to the bottom). Use the time on screen setting to control how fast it moves. That's it for one balloon. For more than one just start with the slide that has the first one at the bottom and repeat the process.

If you want a couple balloons to fall at the same time, use the editor to build an image containing the just the balloons, the rest of the image is again set to be transparent. Now just do the same thing with that image and you can have the two balloons fall.

Hope that helps,
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

mahmosh

Postby mahmosh » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:58 pm

thank ... alot .. you helped me .. i am made it on one ballon ..
i don't it will be hard to make more than one ..
thanks again and alot
mahmosh

Postby Windy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:58 pm

DickK
I have never felt so stupid in my life.......I cannot get this balloon thing to work. I cut it out in editor and when I save just the balloon ( and i have saved it as everything from a bmp to a jpeg to a psp and a psh file) when i bring it into proshow it always has a white background just like the one i cut the balloon out of. I have tried it in Photoshop Elements 6 and in Paint Shop Pro X and in Paint.net.
I just am not doing something right and i don't know what
Would you please help me?
Bev :(

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:34 pm

Bev,

You've got to save your balloon picture as a PNG file so it will have the "transparency" information. If you save your picture in any of these other formats you also get the background information as you have discovered.

Go back and simply "re-save" your balloon image as a PNG file making sure you have "erased" everything else in the picture and bring it back into your ProShow project and you should be up-and-running :wink:

Dan

Postby Windy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:18 am

OMG
pilotdan i knew I was just losing my mind when I couldn't get this to work.......Thank You
that works perfect now.
I felt so stupid, and now I know my mind just wasn't working at all
Again
Thank You
Bev

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:38 am

Just to add to what Dan said, technically you can actually save the new image in any of several formats: PNG, TIF and GIF all support transparency for instance as does the PhotoShop (and PS Elements) format of PSD. But PNG is probably the best all around choice.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

hofferp

Postby hofferp » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:57 am

I've looked at several "editors" and was wondering which is the easiest to use (and free or cheapest) to cut balloons, people, etc. The one I'm about to start learning with is Paint.net. Anything better?

Postby nannybear » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 am

lots better but not free or cheap that I know of.....there is "The Gimp" but I know absolutely nothing about that one.....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:43 pm

My $.02 is that Paint.net is pretty good, especially as a place to start with. GIMP is more powerful but easy to learn or use is not my list for that one -- by software engineers, for software engineers would be my view.

Probably the two nearest the power vs. price "sweet spot" would be PhotoShop Elements and Paintshop Pro. The former is, by far, the more commonly used. Neither is free and neither is easily learned but both are powerful and will repay the effort to learn them.

Dick

Postby nannybear » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:07 pm

I seondDick's comment and there are more of us to ask for help. Then if you ever decide to go with Adobe Photoshop the learning curve will be steep but familiar. it's all in where you see yourself going with photoediting.....Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:32 pm

I've been using Paint.net for about 4 years now and just love it.

As Dick says . . . Paint.Net is not as "techie" as GIMP which makes it much easier to understand and use. PC magazine rated Paint.Net as #19 in the top 100 products for 2007 which says a lot for how good this program really is.

I use it all the time to produce the special effects I incorporate into my ProShow Gold projects :wink:

Here's where you can download your FREE copy: http://www.getpaint.net/

Dan

hootowls

Postby hootowls » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:36 am

I have been using PaintShop Pro since version 7. It has many automatic functions, so you can use it out of the box. It has the high powered features like layers and yes the learning curve has been steep at time. All functions are similar to PhotoShop, just not as powerful and in several cases, not as easy. My teenage daughter has made the transition to PhotoShop at school with little problem (likes PhotoShop better) and still uses PaintShop at home.

The good news about PaintShop is that if you are patient and shop carefully, it can be purchased for $45 at Fry's or big box electronics stores. Never pay more than $65 for it. Of course, you do need to realize that as soon as you buy it, they will come out with a new improved version and will bug the heck out of you to buy it.

There are a large number of tutorials available on the PaintShop site and others. There are some really good ones on YouTube. The versions are not that different for the more advanced features, so look at the older version tutorials and they normally will work with the current version.

Hope this helps,
hootowls

Return to PSG - Style & Technique