Eliminating sound from video

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
mspetter

Eliminating sound from video

Postby mspetter » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:53 am

Is there a way to eliminate the sound coming from a video clip so that I can play a tune that I want to use instead? I want the video muted and my song playing over the video clip as it is shown. Thanks, Viri

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:43 am

Viri,

Double click on your slide with the video clip, go to 'Layers' and on the right hand side you will
see 'Video Clip Settings' > slide the volume control to zero. Your clip will now be muted.

Brenda

mspetter

Postby mspetter » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:52 am

Thanks, Brenda - I looked everywhere but there!
:-)
- viri

increasing volume on video clip

Postby ngmarsh » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:44 pm

So what is the way to increase the volume if 100% is too low? a video editing program and if so, is there one that is basic and eay to use? I'm still new to Proshow.

Thanks
Nancy

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:36 pm

The easiest way would be to download Audacity and pump up the sound. Audacity has Vue meters so that you will be careful to not overdrive the sound. If getting another piece of software kind of scares you off, you could put the same clip in twice, making sure to get them aligned properly. This is a way to reinforce the sound.

I recommend Audacity, but this could also work for you.

-Vernon

Postby debngar » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:45 am

So what is the way to increase the volume if 100% is too low?

You may be able to use the same kind of slider to just push it over 100%. I don't have any video clips in a show with volume to check this out but you have the ability to increase the speed of video past 100% by using a slider. So you may be able to do the same thing for the volume for that piece of video too. I'm using Producer though and not sure if the editing features are quite the same.

The other thing you could do is try lowering your music volume by a percentage during the time the video is playing. There is a feature in the soundtrack section to have the soundtrack adjust downward while another sound is playing. Look in the lower right hand corner of the soundtrack editing window.

Debbie

Return to PSG - Style & Technique