help please regarding frames and zooming

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
johnj

help please regarding frames and zooming

Postby johnj » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:52 pm

I have an image with a thick white stroke border and basically what i want to do is have the image zoom in (or out) but keep the frame/border thats around the image stay static. is this possible in either PSG or PSP, i assume layers are needed but not sure what to do.
i hope i explained myself correct.

thanks.
john

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:05 am

John

This is a brief way to do it. If there is insufficient information please come back.

It is not the image that needs the white stroke, it is tied to the image and will move with it. remove the stroke.
I am assuming you have a photo editor, like Photoshop, as you have produced an image with a stroke.

In your photo editor produce a a canvas, say 1600 x 1200 px for a 4:3 sized show. In this cut a transparent area for the size of your image, (it will show black/white check in Photoshop). Around this area produce your white stroke. Save this file as a .png which preserves transparency.

In PSG drag your image (now without its stroke) to a slide. Hold down the CTRL key and at the same time drag your .png produced above to the same slide. This will put two layers on your slide, the image and above it the 'mask' image. You should now see your image, with a white stroke that is on the upper 'mask', and be able to zoom the image layer without the stroke moving. You can also zoom the 'mask' to make another effect.

This is easier to do that put in words.

The above is a way to do it in PSG that does not have the 'mask' layer capabilities of PSP. If you have PSP, I guess you dont as this post is in the PSG area, then have a look at the 'Masking Tutorials' series in the PSP Tutorials. Once the idea is grasped, these are a lot easier.

Brian

johnj

Postby johnj » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:45 am

Thanks alot. Im checking it out just now, I'll post back soon.
Thanks.
John

johnj

Postby johnj » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:26 am

ok ive created the stroked frame. iive put both images on a timeline but i cant move one in top of the other. Im obviously doing something wrong here?

Postby cherub » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:21 am

Just as Brian told you:
Hold down the CTRL key and at the same time drag your .png produced above to the same slide. This will put two layers on your slide, the image and above it the 'mask' image.

You must have 1 (ONE) slide only with both images in it, each on a separate layer. You frame (png file) in layer 1 and your picture in layer 2.

johnj

Postby johnj » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:42 am

right. sorry, what ive done is just created a frame with a stroke, but theres still a plain black background inside the stroke. how do i cut it to make it transparent in order for the image to fit in it.

johnj

Postby johnj » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:21 am

Its ok. I got it... eventually. thanks guys

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:08 am

John

We all have those 'lightbulb' moments when it just clicks :D . Sometimes I find it very hard to put a process into words that can be followed.

Glad you got it,
Brian

johnj

Postby johnj » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:57 pm

It wasnt your description buddy. I just wasnt creating the cutout as transparent.
Thanks.
John

Re: help please regarding frames and zooming

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:32 am

This right here is precisely the sort of thing needed for our forum collection of Tips and Hints. Brian? :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:24 am

OK, OK, Barbara.

I'll have a go at this one.
It will probably be written in English, rather than American though. 8)
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:28 am

Don't worry. I'll probably translate it. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - Style & Technique