Help needed with slide sequence

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
Valued Member

Help needed with slide sequence

Postby burntb4 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:07 pm

I have a picture of the bride and one of the groom and one of both of them together. I want the groom to appear, then the bride beside him and then have that grouping of the two images fade(shrink?) out as the image of two of them appears.Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gerry

ProShow Hall of Fame

Without Keyframing

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:27 pm

Gerry,
1. Put the groom on slide 1. Double click it to get to the Slide Options page. Click on the layers tab and drag the handles on the side to resize the slide. Also drag the slide to where you would like it and leave it. Watch out for the edges and stay within the Safe Zone. Press the done key (lower right hand corner).
2. Grab the bride picture and hold down the CTRL key while you drag the bride to the same slide as the Groom. This will put the bride on another layer on the same slide. Double click to open the Slide Options page. On the Slide Options page, select the correct layer (e.g. bride) and resize the bride picture to take up 1/2 to 3/4 of the screen. Move the picture into the desired postion. Try to fit the groom in :D . Press Done.
3. Now get the joint picture and drag to a new slide (e.g. slide number 2). Click on the transition between slide 1 and slide 2. Change to your liking and I believe you are done.

It is possible to do this on one slide by putting all 3 pictures on one slide. Positioning and sizing as described above. Then use the Motion Tab on the Slide Option Page to have bride stay on from the start for 2 seconds. The groom from the start until 2 seconds. The joint picture starts showing at 2 seconds until the end of the slide. This is what we call keyframing and it unlocks the power of ProShow. Note that each key frame starts at 1 and ends at 2. You can drag 2 to the left and shorten the duration. You can drag the 1 to the right and delay the start. Remember that each layer has its own set of keyframes and you are on your way.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby Barbara_K » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:51 pm

Gerry,

Here's how I would do this effect:

Slide 1 groom only. Slide time 1 second - transition use a crossfade for about 5 or 6 seconds.
Copy groom to slide 2 and add bride as second layer. Position bride and groom images as desired.
Copy "end to next slide-all layers". This will be slide 3. Use a Cut transition for 0 seconds between slides 2 and 3.
The only purpose of using this duplicate slide is to hold the image on screen a little longer.
On slide 3 decrease the zoom somewhat for the end position only on the bride and groom pictures. Set the slide time to 1 second and use a crossfade transition for 8-10 seconds.
Put your picture of the bride and groom together on slide 4 and use whatever slide time you want.

The very short slide time with a very long transition time produces a nice fade in/fade out effect. Hope this makes sense.

Barbara

Valued Member

Postby burntb4 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:30 am

Thank you. Both methods work but I chose Barbara's method cuz I found it easier.

I appreciate the replies.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:21 pm

Great, There is more than one way from here to Kalamazoo.

-Vernon

Return to PSG - Style & Technique