stop it!!

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold

stop it!!

Postby bob walden » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:25 pm

I'm doing a 360 degree rotation of a picture. I would like it to stop after the rotation for a few seconds to read the text. At the present point the rotations fine but the next slide comes in to soon.

Thanks Bob W.

Postby sheldonk » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Sounds like you have a transtition between the slides. During the transition, the rotation continues while the next slide transitions in. With Keyframes this is easy to fix but you can't use keyframes.

Sounds like you need to transition through a slide that is equal to the end state of your rotating slide (layer on slide rotates, not slide). Use a 0 transition between theoriginal and the new one (I call it the sandwich slide). Then transition to the slide with the text from the sandwich slide. Here you would use a non 0 transition.

Hope you understand what I mean.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Just to say what he said another way -- just make a copy of the slide with the rotation in it and put it after the original. In the copy's motion dialog set the start position to be the same as the end position. Set the copy's duration to whatever you need to let the viewer see the end position and use "cut" and zero time as the transition between the original slide with the rotation and the copy (no motion) version. Visually there's no break, the slide rotates, stops and stands still for some period before going on to the next picture. The idea of using copies of an image with cut/zero between them is one that you can use lots of ways but its great to simply create a "hold that" spot in the show.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby duglas50 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:15 am

Also, if you have a fly-in effect on the caption (text) of first slide you will need to turn it off in 2nd (copy) slide so there is no break in the caption.

Doug

Re: stop it!!

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:48 am

Combined, all three answers to this question would be an excellent addition to the forum book. This is the sort of question that can show up again and again as people join the forum. Those of us who've been using the software for a while may think of the process as a no-brainer, but this is true only if we already know the answer.

Any volunteers to write this up as a step-by-step process?

(I've already gone into my well-known nag mode. :D )

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:27 am

Barbara

I'll take this one for Gold as well. Good job I have just got a copy of SNAGIT (don't ask where from :roll: ). I have to learn to use it though.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:31 am

I knew that if I started nagging people, they'd do what I wanted just to shut me up. 8)

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:34 am

I'm so used to being nagged, see how quickly I jumped through the hoop.

I know how to keep the opposite sex quiet. By the way you would have to ask Nancy, my wife, how often see has to nag me before the job gets done :twisted:
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:58 am

Yeah, but Nancy doesn't do it in public, does she? 8)

Barbara

Return to PSG - Style & Technique