need fresh eyes, please

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
BethS

need fresh eyes, please

Postby BethS » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:50 pm

This name and idea came to me at 5:30 this morning during another round of insomnia. Having spent many years as an off-loom bead weaver I wanted to use that in my name for my work here should I ever have the opportunity to help other people capture their special moments. I do my best thinking while staring at the ceiling and while drying my hair. If you look at this logo idea you will be able to see what I am trying to do. I have tried a million different transitions and timing. I would appreciate any and all comments, critique, criticism, etc.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6148&alb=0

Beth

Update: TinaJ critiqued the above link and here is the new revised one. I think it is better.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6382&alb=0
Last edited by BethS on Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Honorary ProShow PHD

I Like It!

Postby TinaJ » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:17 pm

Beth, very cool idea. However (didn't you know that was coming???) I am terribly OCD with some things, and I have a problem with the coloring not being consistent, and the first A not being consistent with the rest-it's too different. It needs to be the same as the colored line at the bottom where you have production. Then when you have your name, it needs to either be the same as the Woven Moments or the 2007 and production. It's a sickness that I deal with every day-you should see me lining up desks in my classroom. Think "Monk" only not so fussy about dirt and germs, just sameness and lining things up! lol!
TinaJ

BethS

Thanks

Postby BethS » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi TinaJ,

That's why I asked for help. Your "OCD" is exactly what I needed. I, too am a freak for lining up. I can see "crooked" a mile away and if there is a typo, I will zoom right to it. We were having some work done in our house a few years ago and the guy who was framing our closet door did NOT like the fact that I pointed out the crooked trim. So much so that he called me a f-ing b-tch. Oh, that went over well. I thought my husband was going to kill him. That was the last we saw of him and I was right......the trim was a half inch off. Oh, there are some people who live on a main road here who had some great landscaping done. The wall they built is crooked coming from the west. It is straight coming from the east. Go figure. I try not to look at it on the crooked side. I want to push it a bit. I digress, I realize, but know you are not alone.

Glad you liked the idea. I will make the changes per your suggestion and post it again if you don't mind looking again. Did you think the transitions were okay? Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

Beth

BethS

One more thing

Postby BethS » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:42 pm

TinaJ,

I just reread your reply........the "a," "production," "Beth Stone" and "2007" are all the same font. Maybe they just look different. And they are all the same color but probably look different because of the different background colors. No matter, I am going to change it and use the same letters throughout.

Beth

Honorary ProShow PHD

I went back

Postby TinaJ » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:28 pm

and looked at it again, thought I was losing my mind! Yes, a, production, beth stone and 2007 are the same font, but the production and 2007 are all on a pinkish ribbon that looks like an added layer, while the a is on the vertical blue ribbon, and your name is on the blue ribbon, and they don't seem to be added on like the pink ribbons are. Did that make any sense? We start back to school tomorrow, and it's my first day as a new teacher, stress makes my ocd worse! I totally understand with the trim, my hubby knew when we put in new windows that he better measure accurately because they can't be out of line even a smidge! Plus we had two sets of two windows on the front and I drove him crazy saying they had to be "EVEN!" I also can't sleep if I'm not laying parallel to the edges of the bed!
TinaJ

BethS

new show

Postby BethS » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi TinaJ

Here is the revised show. Better?

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 6381&alb=0

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:06 pm

Beth,

I just took a look at your ending/beginning marker.... I really like the visual!!! Good job!! I would suggest speeding up the "A Woven Moments"... I'd bring those much much quick... then slight delay before "production"... the rest seems about right... but overall you have a good graphic that connects..!!!

Take care,

Honorary ProShow PHD

I agree

Postby TinaJ » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:00 am

with Bob-speed it up just a tad. Much better all one color now.

Funny, cos a friend had asked me just tonite about how to put an intro into all her shows too, so we were instant messaging back and forth where to go and what to do. Guess I really should be thinking about an intro for my stuff too.....in my spare time-NOT!!

TinaJ

BethS

Thanks

Postby BethS » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:59 am

Thanks Bob and TinaJ,

I played around with the speed. I will keep tweaking it. I reworked one of my shows and put this at the end. I may make it a bit smaller.

Beth

images-that-move

Postby images-that-move » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:44 am

Beth,

I could see you using your graphic as part of marketing material... business cards, letterhead, website... what would be good is to create a "catch phrase" with the logo....

"A Woven Moment" ==== "connecting the strands of life together.." or "connecting the stories of life" .... (not great tag lines but enough hopefully to give you an idea of what I was getting at...)...

One more item.... should your opening title be "A Woven Moments" (plural) or "A Woven Moment" (singular) Production.... I think it should be singular?

Anyway good job!!!!

Take care,

BethS

Hi Bob

Postby BethS » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:05 am

The pictures used (for all of us) are "moments" in time. Hence, woven moments. My opinion is that it should be plural.

Tag line......I actually do have a tag line that my girlfriend gave me but it wouldn't work with this "woven Moments" title. I have actually been playing around with some in my head along the lines of your suggestions. At some point the perfect one will hit me. Seems to work that way for me.

I really appreciate all of your feedback on this.

I will let you know when I come up with a tag line. Oh, how about......."a slideshow tapestry?" hmmmm I will work on it.

Beth

Postby Jerry Cole » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:08 am

Beth,
You are correct. Production is the noun, "Woven Moments" can be considered as a modifier to that noun. BTW it would be correct with "Moment " as well.

Have you considered using movement with layers to have the logo weave itself on-screen? Take a lot of work but it could be fun.

Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

BethS

jerry

Postby BethS » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:25 pm

Oy!

I did think about some movement but I can't imagine how much work that would be. I won't rule it out but for now.........I think I will stick with this.

Return to PSG - Style & Technique