border around thumbnails

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
vovpvi

border around thumbnails

Postby vovpvi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:24 pm

Hello everybody,
This is my first topic. I am from Belgium, so please don't mansion my langues errors.
I have the following question:
In a menu with several thumbnails, is het possible to change the bordercolor around these thumnails when they are selected? The standard color seems to be yellow. If i play the show on TV it's hard too see wich thumbnail is selected.
Kind regards, Ronny Smeets

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:06 am

Ronnie

Welcome to the forum.

I have Producer, you will have to check if it is the same in Gold.

When creating the menu make the choice 'Customize Menu'. In Producer the 'Show' tab then has options to be able to change the 'highlight' and 'active' colours of the menu surround. However you do not see these colours change until you exit.

Brian

vovpvi

Postby vovpvi » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:17 am

Thanks Brian,

In my version (Gold) are these options not present. Is this the only way to change the thumbnailcolor?
I have noticed that when I use the option "drop shadow" that de border color is a little bit better to see.

Kind regards,

Ronny

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:08 am

Ronny,

You are, of course, right that PSG lacks those options. However, you can get close what you want, I think. The trick is to make an image with a border of whatever color you want and then set that as the thumbnail. The little default border will be there but now the one you made will dominate the appearance on screen.

There's a general show menu option to set the thumbnail and on that screen you can either designate an image from within the show or point to any other image on your hard drive which is what you'd want to do here.

If that doesn't work for you, let us know.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

vovpvi

Postby vovpvi » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:19 am

Thanks DickK,

I have tried out the things you say, but my main problem is if I play the show on TV it's hard too see wich thumbnail is selected.

Ronny

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:47 am

Oh, now I understand the issue. Yeah, I've had that problem too and I don't have a good solution for that part I'm afraid. Time to submit a change request to PhotoDex I guess.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby SSMAKER » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:28 am

I was just about to post the same question that Ronny posted. I have three sections to my show with Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 written in text with no thumbnails. I can't tell which is selected. The "Play All" does show a yellow tint but the "Parts" don't show any highlighting that I can see on TV.

vovpvi

Postby vovpvi » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:25 am

Thank you all for the help :!:

Postby xyscaling » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:16 am

More explanations to my question... thanks
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?t=4728

Return to PSG - Style & Technique