The "Gold" Question

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold

The "Gold" Question

Postby mr08sports » Sun May 27, 2007 10:52 am

I know this is possible in Producer, but is it possible in Gold to take one picture on the right hand of the screen and then have another picture come from behind and go to the left of the screen? I'm thinking I can do this with the layers, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun May 27, 2007 2:29 pm

Yep, you can do it -- and your description is about as good as any. Just make each picture a layer and use the layer stacking control to get one in front of the other. Line 'em up and then use motion on the rear one to pull it out. Try it and if you don't get what you want, ask again.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Sun May 27, 2007 2:45 pm

LOVE the title Dick: Honorary Proshow PHD - Wow! There's a Dr in the house!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun May 27, 2007 2:54 pm

Cindy wrote:LOVE the title Dick: Honorary Proshow PHD - Wow! There's a Dr in the house!

Actually there are five 'doctors' (500posts) in the house--I'm the junior one and there are several others who will be 'graduated' real soon. :D

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby mr08sports » Sun May 27, 2007 3:23 pm

Thanks! It worked!

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Sun May 27, 2007 4:01 pm

So, Dick, you are just a resident then, huh?

Bill McMahon

Layer Stacking Control

Postby Bill McMahon » Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:33 am

Dick, You mentioned the layer stacking control to line up the layers, I didn't know there was a layer stacking control, where is it or what does it look like?

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:24 pm

Bill,

Well, I suspect you actually do know it but the terminology I used may be getting in the way. The control I was referring to is simply the Slide Options menu, Layers tab where the "Contents of slide" window has the up/down arrows to control the order that the layers are "stacked".

Of course, actually aligning up the layers is done on the Motion tab simply by positioning each layer.

Dick

Return to PSG - Style & Technique