Need to be able to pan from left of photo to right.

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
rworell

Postby rworell » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:01 am

I know this is such a noob question, but I can't seem to do it. I have a landscape photo of a ski mountain and I want to pan from left to right slowely to show the mountain. I'm having trouble even finding how.

Any suggestions? Great example is I saw a show by Thunder about the hockey team. The first pic does just that. Its the front of the hockey auditorium.

thanks so much in advance!

Rich

SSteve

Postby SSteve » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:40 am

When ypu are in the zoom and pan pull your image all the way over to the left.The longer you use for time the slower it will pan.
Steve

Postby Jerry Cole » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:04 pm

Personal preference but I like the pan to fill the frame (no black edges). When I want to pan a picture I usually enlarge the pic (zoom in both start and end windows) in PSG so that it gives extra room to pan

Experiment with this and you will find just the right size to do what you want. Then you can do it just like Steve says.

Also note the coordinates in the pan boxes and you can fiddle with those to get it the way you want. Just be careful to check that the frame does not have a black edge (or background color) showing on either side.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:31 pm

Rich,

First welcome aboard. There are usually several ways to do everything in PSG and everyone may have a favorite. Whenever I do a dramatic zoom or pan, I'll do it on a 3 (or more) slide set. Details depend a bit on just what you want to do but let's say that all you want is to have the picture come up already zoomed in and then do a simple pan across and the exit. For me, that's 3 slides:

-- #1 is the picture zoomed in to whatever extent I want with a hold time of something short (fraction of a sec maybe). That picture just sets the stage and let's the viewer see that portion of the picture.
-- Transition from #1 to #2 is cut, zero second hold.
-- #2 does the pan across the image. Starting position is a copy of #1, ending position has the image pulled to the other edge of the frame, that sets up the pan.
-- Transition #2 to #3 is also cut, zero second hold.
-- #3 is just a copy of #2 with no motion and the image is in the ending position of #2. Hold time is again something short to let the viewer see that portion of the picture.

Now the pan is really all on #2 so technically you don't need #1 or #3 if you want the pan to be in progress as this slide comes into view but most of the time I find that distracting so I'll start with a quick static view of the slide before the pan. I'd try it both ways and see what suits the flow of the show.

Hope that helps.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Dick

Postby nannybear » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:13 pm

I love your explanations! You are so much more precise than me :lol: hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:24 pm

This just made realize how much I like keyframes in producer !!
I had forgotten having to use 3,4 even 5 slides to create a sequence
(amazing how fast we forget this stuff :? )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:08 pm

Mikey,

Without PSP I can't compare directly, but with all the struggles people seem to have learning keyframes, I think PSG holds a simplicity advantage, at least for those getting started and those who don't use ProShow every day. Sure, it takes a few slides to do it but each is pretty simple to make and understand what it's doing. And each part is then readily modified to change the effect without impacting the rest. The other nice part is that this idea of simply dividing it up applies in lots of ways for getting lots of effects that look more complicated/sophisticated than they are.

Clearly, there are things you can't do with PSG but stuff like this isn't on that list. This multi-slide, step-by-step is so obvious after you've seen it and done it, BUT if I go back and look, I know what one of the first questions I asked had as an answer. ;)

Anyway, like I said there's usually more than one way to get what you want with ProShow and I like that.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:36 am

"Sure, it takes a few slides to do it but each is pretty simple to make and understand what it's doing."

I still do this even though I have PSP. Just a habbit I got into using PSG before getting scamed into PSP. I only use KF's when I absolutly have to. :lol:
I will say this though, it is kind of nice knowing that KFs are available if I need to use them, especially now that I understand them somewhat better than I did when I first got PSP.

"The other nice part is that this idea of simply dividing it up applies in lots of ways for getting lots of effects that look more complicated/sophisticated than they are."

Absolutly, especially after watching a PSG show posted a few months back, I think called "Walk with the Dead" or something like that. Great show with multiple effects that I thought could only be done in PSP.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Return to PSG - Style & Technique