Switch to full style
Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
Post a reply

Is it possible to apply random style to a project?

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:09 am

Hi

I'm working on some slideshows and came across proshow stylepack. I will like to check if it is possible to put all the photos and video into the project and apply random style to the photos and video, like doing a random transition to all slides?

Thanks

Re: Is it possible to apply random style to a project?

Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:45 am

I think the short answer to this is 'NO'. As styles depend on 1 or more layers, it would be impossible for that to happen.
Mel

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:25 am

Hi

What a pity. Had the misconception that it can be done. The adv is quite misleading "Just pick a style, apply it, and drop in your photos".

Thanks for replying!

Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:55 am

"Just pick a style, apply it, and drop in your photos".

That is correct, if you do it in that order.

What you were saying was, "drop in your photos, select a random style, and apply it". This is not possible, as outlined by Mel.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:30 am

Considering the Power of PSP/PSG, I think it is a small price to pay.....if everything was automatic or random, where would the creativity be.... PSP/PSG is a tool, not a solution..... It's good to get your creative juices flowing, as seen by 1000's in this forum...

Good luck with it, and remember, most good things happen by accident, it's just remembering how you you did it, thats the skill.

Mel

Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:43 pm

However, isn't that what the new wizard with ProShow 4.5 does?

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:01 am

I guess so, but on the 17th September when the first post was posted, PSP 4.5 did not exist, so we are both right and wrong......

You can do a full show with random styles in 4.5, now..... Whoop Whoop
Post a reply