Transitions - timing blank slides

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
Cricket

Transitions - timing blank slides

Postby Cricket » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:58 pm

I'm putting together a little show and having problems with images from one slide blurring into the next one. Someone once suggested that I add a blank slide in order to prevent this. I'm trying to do this but am so confused about how to time this slide and the transition immediately before and afterwards. For example, if I want about a 2 second transition between images, how long should the transition be before the blank slide --- how long for the blank slide -- and how long a transition after the blank slide? Does that even make sense? :lol:
Also, what style transition is best? Thanks for any suggestions!
~Terri

Re: Transitions - timing blank slides

Postby BenM » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:33 am

If you don't want the slides to be superimposed during transition use the CUT transition and set the transition time to 0 secs.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Terri

See if this works for you.

Between the two picture slides insert a black slide of 0 secs length. For the transitions either side of this use the A/B crossfade (Blend) Linear of 1 sec each. This will give you a 1 sec fade to black followed immediately by a 1 sec fade to the next slide, a total transition time of 2 secs.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:57 pm

Another way to say what Brian said is here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6034&p=89393

I think what you want is the transition "fade through black" -- but you say "that's not one not in the list!" Ah, yes, but you can make it :wink: and it's easy.

Hope that helps,
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby debngar » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:04 am

having problems with images from one slide blurring into the next one

Not sure if you've tried this yet but sometimes using the AB transition is better than using the A/B transition. You shouldn't get such a mix of the two pictures (if this was the original concern of having two pictures fading out and into the picture). This is when you are displaying one image in a slide and a completely different image in the next slide.
------------

On the otherhand, I'm wondering if you're speaking of a completely different thing which you may want to try a different approach to solve your problem. If you're speaking of the blur resulting in having the same image move from A to B in slide 1, then move from B to C in slide 2 (same image), you must have a 3rd slide in the sequence in between and have it just sit at B to B for a moment before resuming the motion. Both slide positions (the end of slide 1 and beginning of slide 2) have to be at the same exact position settings to get rid of the blur and you will use a cut transition ("0" seconds) between the slides. For slide 3 - the end of 2 and beginning of 3 have to be in the same positions also to avoid any blur.

No blank slides would be used in this case. Just an extra dupe slide that is static (not moving) thrown in between the move from A to B and B to C

Slide 1 - A to B
Slide 2 - B to B
Slide 3 - B to C

Hope that makes sense.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Cricket

Postby Cricket » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:39 pm

Thank you to everyone for these helpful tips! This has been extremely helpful and answered more than just one of my questions about transitions. I am going to practice to see what works for me. I hope to post a show for feedback soon!

Return to PSG - Style & Technique