Fun Frame Slide Style for Gold users

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold

Fun Frame Slide Style for Gold users

Postby trulytango » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:39 am

Hi there

I have a new FREE Easel display slide style available for both Gold and Producer users. It is a novel and fun way to display a trio of portrait shots, either plain images or maybe even those that you have enhanced in Photoshop e.g. given a Pop-Art syle or treatment.

If you like what you see, please feel free to visit my blog

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=3090342&alb=150158

TTFN
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Fun Frame Slide Style for Gold users

Postby TinaJ » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:02 am

Iris, those are very cool! I downloaded the easel, and will try it in my school's video for the 'art pics!' Thanks so much!
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Postby tennisbugg » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:22 pm

Thanks for the slide style freebie. I can import it but, when i try to apply it i get an error saying incompatible version. I have vers 4.0. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks

Postby trulytango » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:32 pm

Hi there

I will take a look right now... the zip download contains two folders, one labelled PSP the other PSG - the one labelled PSG should work fine in Gold - there are no key frames or movement. I'll report back ASAP.

Thanks for the heads up.
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby trulytango » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:10 am

tennisbugg wrote:Thanks for the slide style freebie. I can import it but, when i try to apply it i get an error saying incompatible version. I have vers 4.0. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks

No, tennibugg - it's me who went wrong :oops:

To create a style in Producer and make it compatible with Gold, there's a little box you need to check, which I thought I had - but obviously hadn't with this particular pair of styles. I did create a couple of versions with different names to distinguish them from the ones suitable for PSP and I trialled them all in an evaluation copy of Gold. They worked fine, but on zipping up the styles to upload I seem to have picked up the wrong two.

I have just uploaded the correct version to my FREEBIES page - they work fine. To test, I went through a complete download, unzip, iimport and apply in Gold and it all worked like a charm.

Thanks again. I hope you enjoy using the Easel frame.

Iris :D

Postby tennisbugg » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Thanks so much for the free slide style. I am in the middle of starting to make a slide show for my sons senior class band members. Hopefully this will allow me to get more pictures in without making the show too long. Do you have any suggestions on sizing the pictures to fit on the slides without losing the quality and still filling the easel? Again thanks so much.

Postby trulytango » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi tennisbugg

In the sample show style I chose pictures that could be simply reduced in size onscreen (within PSG/PSP) to around 40-50% of their original portrait size, whilst still being viewed clearly. As for quality, I always use the original high quality resolution for my images within a show - I do not downsize them as a rule. the sample images are 300dpi, but the style would look identical if they were lower, say 72dpi because no zooming is used - it's simply a static display. Incidentally, I uploaded another easel style to my blog yesterday evening - in this new version the centre easel holds a landscape style image. so that might be of interest to you too and provide a little more variety to a show.

As with any style, the need for slight tweaking will probably be necessary (re the size and position of your own images) as cameras produce pictures in a slightly different ratios. In this case the best way to tweak size is within motion effects... click on the left or right facing arrows to do increments of 1% at a time.

Hope that helps
Iris

Esteemed Member

Postby Alan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:14 pm

Many thanks for the free templates Iris.

Alan
Downunder
Alan

Sydney, Australia

Return to PSG - Style & Technique