Paw prints

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
asinger3

Paw prints

Postby asinger3 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Can anyone help me to create paws walking across a page. I want to make it look like a dog left it's prints as it moves across the page. Thanks in advance.

Re: Paw prints

Postby debngar » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:21 pm

There are a number of ways to do this. All are a little tricky if you don't have hands on familiarity with the multiple tools/features it takes to accomplish this in Producer. I may not be describing every single little step in the process because there may be a bit more to it for you if you don't know where to find all the features.

3 ways come to my mind how it could be done.

If you know how to use a brush in Photoshop that looks like a black paw print and you brush it across the page, make that into a png file (so the background is transparent). Then insert it as an image layer . Reveal it by choosing a wipe transition (say left to right or something) depending on the direction you want to reveal the prints. Lengthen the transition-in time for that particular layer in the slide by grabbing the transition-in white bar seen along the gray line and move it to the right in the key frame area in the motion window, upper right corner. If you want the prints to walk around the outer perimeter of the screen, make a transparency file like that and use the clock like wipe instead to reveal them in a clock-wise direction if that's what you like.

Another way - use a wingding caption that simulates a paw print when you type a letter corresponding to that shape. Place the caption on the screen to reveal in the direction you want it to go. Use the rotation/skewing if necessary. Play with the transition-in time similar to the description above only do it in the caption motion window key framing area and move the white transition-in bar to the right to lengthen the transition in time. I'm not sure if there is already a paw print withing Windows wingdings or if you'd have to find a wingding font somewhere else.

If you'd rather not do the brush in Photoshop thing, utilize the wingding method to place a line of these paw prints as a caption in black on slide with a white background in Producer, move the blue scrubber arrow on the slide timeline to a place on the line where the paw prints are all on the screen in the preview window (nothing else, no picture, etc) then put your mouse over the preview of this image and right click, choose screen capture and save as a jpg or png file.

Then insert this image as a layer and remove the white background with the chroma key feature or else duplicate it on top of itself as a B&W mask (grayscale) (must invert B&W mask) so the black prints show through and reveal the image using the transition in of your choice.

Hope all that makes sense!
Last edited by debngar on Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby ChrissyC » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:54 pm

I have a png of a set of 4 paws, you could take it into an editing program and make 4 seperate images to use. If I knew how to send a file in this forum I would but I don't, so you'll have to send me your e-mail in a PM if you can use the image I'll be glad to share it.. :D
Chrissy

Valued Member

Postby Harry » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:40 pm

Chrissy,
I would appreciate the png that you have of paw prints. I will send a PM with contact info.

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:25 am

I can loan you the dog that makes REAL(tm) paw prints -- he specializes in muddy ones :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby ChrissyC » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:45 am

Mikey...LOLOLOL how cute!!! :D

asinger3

Postby asinger3 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Thanks so much for the replies. I am not the greatest at all this but I want to be someday! I am determined so I think I can figure out something with your responses.

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:10 pm

Sorry, I didn't see this post sooner, been sort of absent lately busy doing other things, like looking for a new job. Victim of the economy.

Any way's enough of my whoa is me story.

I used a stamp from Adobe Elements and created a .png file from that. Then I keyframed the paw prints.

I used this for my daughter's wedding in July. Here is a link to my file if you want to look at what I did.

Ooops

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=116269
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison
US inventor (1847 - 1931)

Postby Anna J » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:33 am

I smiled all the way through your show. :D
Good luck with the job search. It's rough out there.
Anna
Anna

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:04 pm

Thank you for your reply. I have landed a job, (which I really like) but the pay is not the same as it was. I am counting my blessings that I did find work.

I am glad you enjoyed the show.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison
US inventor (1847 - 1931)

ProShow Hall of Fame

OT

Postby briancbb » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:45 am

twodoor55

Pleased to hear you have landed a job, even though it does not pay as much (but it is certainly more than you would have been getting).

As you have found getting a job is the first stage, now continue looking for the job that will give you satisfaction. Now your CV does not have large gaps and being in employment seems to make a future move easier.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:15 am

For those looking for paw prints, check out this page at "1001 Free Fonts" -- they have a number of "paw print" fonts available (for free). Just install them and use them as a regular font !!

http://www.1001freefonts.com/animal-fonts.php

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - General Discussion