Moving and highlighting captions

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Moving and highlighting captions

Postby dsaulmon » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:19 pm

Moving CaptionsIn one of the videos I was looking at I saw a movement that there were all words and then the words were highlighted as they scrolled up the screen. Is there a template or something out there or can someone tell me how to do that.

Postby debngar » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:57 pm

Type caption -
Go to caption motion window

Add a 3rd and 4th KF

KF1 starts out in one color (white for instance)

KF1-2 white to white

KF2-3 White to Yellow (Change the color to something different (yellow) in the caption motion window)

KF3-4 Move the caption up off the screen in KF 4.

You will want to give plenty of time for this though - 10sec or so? Depends on how much text you have.

Try it, experiment, play with the buttons. You will learn and remember better this way. It is not a hard thing to do but you need a little understanding of KF basics even if someone gave you a template.

Captions move the same way images do.

Debbie

moving and highlighting captions

Postby dsaulmon » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:02 am

Thanks for your help, I will play on this! There's always something I learn when I'm on the forum
Thanks again
Debbie

Postby debngar » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:42 am

If you need further tips on how to work with key framing, VidQueen has a good tutorial (among others) in her Photodex album:

"KeyFraming Basics" and "Copy Settings" are, to me, the most informative show's of Jennifer's (VidQueen) for basic use of Producer. She covers many other useful topics as well that you will see.

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalb ... alb=124704

My suggestion on how to accomplish what you wanted was how I might generally approach it. Someone else might have another suggestion as sometimes there is more than one way to do something.

Have fun with that. It may take some time to grasp concepts but you will get it! :)

Debbie

Return to PSP - General Discussion