Shows on TV not centered

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Honorary ProShow PHD

Shows on TV not centered

Postby Penny47 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:32 pm

I have just been working on a show for my son and decided to play it on my TV 1st. But before I go on I must tell you that I have used a combination of Templates by various people. Now the problem I have is that the show is sitting more to the RHS of the TV. It was so bad on my lounge TV that I decided to try the bedroom one. There it is not nearly as bad. Does anyone know why the show would move itself over like that? All I did was copy and paste the templates into the show. I did also try the lounge TV on all views that it has and nothing made a difference my bedroom TV does not have that option. Lounge TV is 46" wide screen and has 2 settings Super Live and Wide. And the show looks the same in both modes. My bedroom TV is 21" flat screen.

Penny

Postby nannybear » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:50 pm

Well I am stepping waaaaayyyyyyyyy out in left field here, but Mikey will come to my rescue if I am nuts. What were the templates and what was your show - meaning 4:3 or 16:9? Mixing the two I would think would cause problems. Also, do you have fit to screen, fit to safe zone etc....That is where I would go hunting first......cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Shows on TV not centered

Postby Penny47 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:05 pm

OK Jan, here is where you find out just how stupid I really am when it comes to PSP. I had not given a thought to the fact that mixing templates would cause a problem but I think you might be right there. I used several different ones Allison, Kylie, Many KF and a couple of others. Yes all the photos were centered into the safe zone etc. The main TV in the lounge has 16.9 and 4.3 so I tried both. So I shall sit down and do a few of your suggestions Thanks for that

Penny

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:30 pm

This is one of pennys sons typing now since shes not so good with the technical side of things :P

When creating the shows ive basically tried and tested every single option to do with aspect ratios and positioning.. it seems the shows are fine on computer monitors but then somewhere in the transition to TV it goes out of sync, so I also tried both burning in wide screen and normal, also tried manually setting the resolution to the TV's native res.. the TV in the lounge is a 46 inch wide screen and regardless of it being 16/9 or 4/3 it still has the pictures off center to the right more by 3 inches ( used a mesauring tape ) ive played with all the positioning options, safe fit options, fit screen options .. everything the program allows I tried it on the TV in my bedroom aswell as mums , hers being a 21 inch flat screen sony, and mine being a 27 inch LCD wide screen.. still the same haha so basically im at a loss as to what else to try.

The funniest part is mum hadnt noticed any of the off center pictures until i brought it to her attention now im not so popular :)

anyways i doubt this problem can be fixed but if anyone else has ever noticed this problem would be nice to know we're not the only ones and if you did have it and somehow fixed it that'd be even better :P

Mike S.

Postby Mike S. » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:05 am

Penny47 wrote:This is one of pennys sons typing now since shes not so good with the technical side of things :P

When creating the shows ive basically tried and tested every single option to do with aspect ratios and positioning.. it seems the shows are fine on computer monitors but then somewhere in the transition to TV it goes out of sync, so I also tried both burning in wide screen and normal, also tried manually setting the resolution to the TV's native res.. the TV in the lounge is a 46 inch wide screen and regardless of it being 16/9 or 4/3 it still has the pictures off center to the right more by 3 inches ( used a mesauring tape ) ive played with all the positioning options, safe fit options, fit screen options .. everything the program allows I tried it on the TV in my bedroom aswell as mums , hers being a 21 inch flat screen sony, and mine being a 27 inch LCD wide screen.. still the same haha so basically im at a loss as to what else to try.

The funniest part is mum hadnt noticed any of the off center pictures until i brought it to her attention now im not so popular :)

anyways i doubt this problem can be fixed but if anyone else has ever noticed this problem would be nice to know we're not the only ones and if you did have it and somehow fixed it that'd be even better :P

Out of curiosity, if you play a commercial movie DVD on that TV set and pause on a beginning logo or something that should be centered, is it centered using a measuring tape?

Honorary ProShow PHD

Shows on TV not centered

Postby Penny47 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:32 pm

Mike S
yes they are centered fine.

Penny

Return to PSP - General Discussion