Getting to watch a show

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Honorary ProShow PHD

Getting to watch a show

Postby Penny47 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:19 pm

I sometimes seems to have trouble getting to watch someones show that they have posted. Is this just me or does it happen to others. I wanted to watch a show called Flipping Page (or pages) but I for some reason can not access it all. Any ideas?

Penny

Postby debngar » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:57 am

If it says content removed or cannot access, the show has either been removed by the creator or changed to "private" and cannot be seen by anyone else without their id and password.

Then again, sometimes the whole Photodex website is down for maintenence and not accessable to anyone. In that case, just try again in a few hours and it will probably be back up at some point.

Debbie

Honorary ProShow PHD

Shows

Postby Penny47 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:21 pm

Thanks for the advice Debbie, I will check it out when I try to view shows from now on.

Penny

Honorary ProShow PHD

Flipping Pages show

Postby dilyla » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:39 pm

Hi Penny-

The Flipping Pages happens to be my sample, so I know it's still loaded on the Photodex servers. I just tried viewing it and it seemed to be taking a terribly long time to load. I was getting the "buffering from the server" though. It is a little over 19MB, but I've never waited this long to load a show. Finally gave up waiting. Seems like I've dealt with "hurry up and wait" all day today. I'd assume Photodex server overload/problems or internet bottleneck somewhere.

Are you getting any kind of error messages, or does it seem stuck in the "buffering from server"? I assume you have a high speed connection? Some of these shows are quite large & the wait would almost be unbearable on dial-up. In fact, your ISP might even automatically disconnect you because of what it would consider "inactivity."

-Diana

Honorary ProShow PHD

Flipping Pages show

Postby Penny47 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:09 am

Hi Diana,
No I am not getting any error message it just seems the "buffering from server" is taking forever. I can even see the little book. But then it just keeps loading I will give it another try today now that I know its still there. I had really wanted to see the effects. I have a high speed connection. I have this problem with other shows at times as well. But I had really wanted to see your one.

A question: Are you going to make the templates for it available? Or is it already there? I am still learning about everything. Slowly getting there though. :-)

Thanks for your help.

Penny

Honorary ProShow PHD

Post Flipping Pages show

Postby Penny47 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:59 am

Hi again Diana
I have just checked out the page, and if finally worked and I really love it. I also watched the other 2 you had. Do you have a template for the three photos that zoom in and out? I have tried to do something like that and keep coming short with it.

Thanks for sharing

Penny

Honorary ProShow PHD

Glad You Liked...

Postby dilyla » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:19 am

Hi Penny,

I just think Photodex needs a server upgrade! Seems sometimes they can't handle the load!

I sent Mike the templates for the Flipping Book over a week ago to upload into the Member Created section, but they haven't been posted as of yet. I keep watching. Since this was my first time sending templates, I didn't know how long it took before he uploaded samples sent by members. I was going to email him to make sure he got them (there are two 8+MB files for that one). I'll try to follow up on that today or tomorrow.

As far as the other sample where the 3 photos zoom in/out, PM me with an email address and I will email that one directly to you. It's a pretty small file.

BTW, my daughter was a US student ambassador to New Zealand & Australia the summer of 2002 when she was 15. The photos she came back with were breathtaking. Your part of the world is beautiful!

- Diana

Return to PSP - General Discussion