General questions

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

General questions

Postby Brandy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:06 am

Now that I've confessed big time to being an idiot in the previous post I'll keep going. Shock horror when I saw the "Do you view full screen?" go back to the top of the tree. The only other forum I have participated in is a video editing forum in which the post stays where it was and it's up to the person who posted to note the number of replies there have been, then check for any late entries, it made it more personal somehow and you didn't broadcast your ignorance to the world, at least not to the same degree!!

Summary:- I live in the Australian countryside, not quite "the bush" per se but we've only had broadband for a year or so and the speed I have is slow with a 5Gig download /month so I have to be choosey. I like to be able to see what the download size is before I commit and with many shows on presenter I don't get this information below the preview screen. I often just get " waiting for more information from server" and this can go on for ages so I quit. My first show, a trip round Australia with 366 slides running for 44mins could obviosly not be shown but 1:- is it possible to show bits from the timeline? My video software has in and out points to select for export which is great even for e-mails. Can I do anything similar in PSP? Yes I admit I haven't read the on screen manual closely and I'm looking for an easier option....

2:- What is the situation regarding music if you do present a show for sharing, do you get your music from "Free play music" or the like or can you use anything ? The reason I ask is that I did recognise a piece of music that I also have on one of the shows I did watch.

3:-Can you add a screen shot in this forum using the likes of Captura or similar and if so how?

4:-Where can I find some examples of interesting and appealing uses of the chroma key settings? It's the only area of PSP I haven't investigated yet, I realize what it is and does, just wondering about any "artistic" tricks. Maybe things like this are in the Photodex demo shows but I gave up on the one something about "how photographers use PSP" because it was taking for ever to load.

Well I started this on half a bottle of nice Shiraz, Dutch courage maybe to ask some very basic questions, I'll go and have the other half now and who knows I might even pluck up courage to try and read the on screen help!!

Brandy.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:39 am

Brandy

I can only be of help on your first topic, notification. If you go to 'Profile' at the top of this screen and open it. In Preferences there is:

Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post.

This is by default at 'No', change this to 'Yes'

To add an image to a post, it needs to be on a 'server' like Photobucket then using the 'Img' setting in the reply section add the URL of the picture.
Gosh :P answered two.

Brian

Postby nannybear » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:36 am

2. http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com./view ... 2cf4511039

This is a lengthy topic so check this out.

4. Email Vidqueen on the chromakey question as she probably has the answer on the top of her head!

Welcome to the forum! There are no silly questions, but around here you might get some silly answers! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Return to PSP - General Discussion