Feature suggestion for Producer: Adding Shapes as new layer

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
mlanders

Feature suggestion for Producer: Adding Shapes as new layer

Postby mlanders » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:37 am

Hello,

it would be great if its possible to add a shape as a new layer f.e. an arrow a rounded rectangle or something else.
I often use my Picture-Editor or other software to create f.e. a white arrow or something else to add it into my producer file...

To know exactly what i mean i made a screenshot how this could look like in producer:

I've sended this wish to Photodex, too.
I hope that something of it could be integrated into producer, because it could be real time-saving if a feature like this is there.

Best Regards
Michael

Shapes as caption

Postby yellowstone » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:18 am

Hi Michael,

That is certainly a good suggestion; it would indeed be a helpful addition.

Note that you can actually insert shapes using captions and this can offer a lot of flexibility.
For instance, fonts such as Wingdings, Webdings, Monotype Sorts etc. (there are many more out there) contain tons of shapes that can be inserted as a caption.

Adjust font size, fill and text effects to get the desired overall appearance in your slide.

Actually I sometimes find this easier than if the shape is on a layer because you can use built-in text effects that are difficult to mimic using layers and keyframes, without spending a large amount of time.

Best regards
Robert

skiyak

Postby skiyak » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:31 am

If you use an editor, make the area around the shape transparent. Then, save the file as a png. You'll be able to add this as another layer. You would then also be able to use these as masks as well.

mlanders

Postby mlanders » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:06 pm

skiyak wrote:If you use an editor, make the area around the shape transparent. Then, save the file as a png. You'll be able to add this as another layer. You would then also be able to use these as masks as well.

Hi skiyak,

this is exactly what i do now and what i want to avoid - or better:
In Producer you can colorize a picture although you can do this with your own pic-editor - the same step to make things easier should be a feature like i mentioned above.

It would be timesaving and more efficient because i can avoid the step to my editor and i can do this directly in producer just like i can colorize pictures.

Best Regards
Michael

Return to PSP - General Discussion