Flash flv file always outputs to the same file size

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Flash flv file always outputs to the same file size

Postby heckydog » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:58 pm

I'm just starting to learn a little about creating flash files and I've run into a problem. I'm running 3.0.1942 at the moment.

I made 3 flv files of the same 2 minute video with the only change being the fps. I did one at 10, 15, and 30fps. The outputted files were all the same size, 35.7MB. The other specs were 500x375 resolution, 768kb bitrate, no menu, loop forever, and show playback controls.

Logic tells me that the 10fps should output a smaller file than the 30fps but, like I said, I'm just learning about flash files so I don't know if that's normal or not.

Am I missing a setting somewhere or is this a possible bug in PSP? If it's a bug is there a workaround for it?

TIA :)

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:22 pm

Take a look through the revision history at the Photodex site - while
I have not played with flash files, it seems to me that recently there
was something about flash that was fixed.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby heckydog » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:26 am

I had already checked through the revisions because this seemed like a pretty significant bug if it was one.

In rev. 1966 they have: Fixed problem where Flash output could fail to complete at high frame rates. This doesn't appear to be related to my issue since the flash files all finish, apparently at the same fps regardless of what I input and I don't have a way to tell what frame rate is actually being used.

Return to PSP - General Discussion