Showdown

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Postby HunnyB » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:47 am

Tarafrost, can't you just keep some of your opinions to yourself. :wink:

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

T

Postby nannybear » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:59 am

So much for church sunday schools. Bah humbug!

Just because I don't belong to a church doesn't mean I don't respect the right of others to their beliefs and that was what I was addressing. Beer and strippers? Yup, that's right up there on the top of my list for worthy causes.......that all said I will even put up a smiley! :lol:

Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:20 am

HunnyB wrote:Tarafrost, can't you just keep some of your opinions to yourself. :wink:

Nope! :D
....Andrzej (aka: the curmudgeon)

Tarafrost Photography: Specializing in Wild-Life
http://www.tarafrost.com

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: T

Postby Tarafrost » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:26 am

nannybear wrote:Just because I don't belong to a church doesn't mean I don't respect the right of others to their beliefs and that was what I was addressing. Beer and strippers? Yup, that's right up there on the top of my list for worthy causes.......that all said I will even put up a smiley! :lol:

How about hot tubs and wine then? ;-) ;-)

I don't want to get into a deeper religious discussion here, 'cause it's an inappropriate forum for such, so my last word on this will be to suggest that you read Richard Dawkin's book "The God Delusion" and also the origins of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (a response to Creationism and Intelligent Design). That will give you a good overview of where I'm coming from. Then, if anyone wants, I'll be happy to explain and debate my views on the subject in more depth, off the list. andrzej at tarafrost.com
....Andrzej (aka: the curmudgeon)

Tarafrost Photography: Specializing in Wild-Life
http://www.tarafrost.com

Postby VidQueen » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:27 pm

After reading this entire post, my only two comments are these:

Al, I am most creative when put to the test. You may find that this "contest" moves you to new creative heights, no matter the original motive. Any opportunity can be useful when thought of in a positive way....I'd go for it :)

Second comment; has anyone else here thought that Andy and Brian could be twins?! :wink:

Jennifer

Postby nannybear » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:37 pm

VidQueen wrote:
Second comment; has anyone else here thought that Andy and Brian could be twins?! :wink:

Jennifer

Good one Jen!!
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby weldr » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:37 pm

I'm wondering if this 'friend' isn't Al's missing eye seeking to release itself.....Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Second comment; has anyone else here thought that Andy and Brian could be twins?!

Had me having a qick scan of the avatars. Maybe brothers :lol: , nowhere old enough to be my twin :roll:

Brian

Postby debngar » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:09 pm

Hi Al,

I don't have time to post a very thought out answer tonight - just got back from 3 days away from home.

There is a way to post a message and to have a poll. So someone could post both shows on their album site in a private album so no one would know who did what show.

If you decide to go ahead with this idea, IMHO I would limit effects to Producer only - no video, no fancy 3rd party stuff other than MAYBE png files perhaps - and maybe limit the maximum number of those too. If not then just use regular images, no pngs.

Genius and money is not the same as having a creative gift for putting things together in a pleasing fashion. It might be interesting perhaps to see the difference in how the shows are approached in presentation. I'm not sure how it would be totally fair unless you both used the same images too.

Then again, you might both have just different ways of doing things and it might be really hard to say whether one is really better than another.

Gotta go for now.

Debbie

Pauline

Postby Pauline » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:45 am

Hi Al

This thread has been so entertaining to read, especially with Andrzej's 2 cents thrown in to stir everyone up again :lol: .

I think Ben's idea is great - both you and your friend should enter an upcoming Photodex contest. You'll be up against others but maybe one of you will win and that'd be pretty rewarding. Otherwise I think if you'd enjoy competing with just each other, why not. I don't think this is a deep issue, just a bit of fun.

Postby debngar » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:59 am

After having more time to read replies to this thread, I've decided I like the idea to enter the Photodex contest instead of having a competition between you and your friend.

I don't always agree with Photodex's choice of winners and how they place however but if your friend wins, then I guess it will make him happy.

You have produced plenty of fine shows Al and maybe you don't need to compete with your friend.

If he has a Photodex album already, then spill the beans and let us know his user name. I love a good show and this would give him an opportunity to put his money where his mouth is! :wink:

People are at different skill levels, do things differently, choose different music and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm here to learn new things and bounce creative ideas off each other and have some fun. We don't have to compete. I'd rather not if it will cause something to come between us as friends.

If you both can do this in a friendly fashion, then maybe ok. But perhaps it's better to leave well enough alone and preserve the friendship.

It's pretty easy to determine how one's shows are received by viewers by observing the number and types of comments and hits one receives on them. So what about just posting both your shows and see how they do? That way we can enjoy seeing both productions and leave it at that.

Either way, tell your friend we would be happy to have him as a participating member! :D

Debbie

magnusg

Postby magnusg » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:30 pm

Hi,

Most of us live in a free world with freedom of speech and expression.
Thus we can express ourselves about politics, religion etc.. wherever and whenever we choose.

But...... it might not always be beneficial to others. There is a time and there is a place.

As a Christian I love to talk about God.......but............this is not the forum for that.

Let's just keep the forum nice and respectful...and have fun at the same time.
Two smileys coming from me. :lol: :D

Thanks,
Magnus

andy

Postby andy » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:45 am

nannybear wrote:
VidQueen wrote:

Jennifer

Good one Jen!!

Dear Jennifer and Jen,

Just for the record, I visited my mother (she is in her 90’s) showed her mine and Brains Avatars and told her that it has been suggested that we could be twins, (by the way I’m an only son). She studied both images with her giant sized magnifying glass, first one then the other then focusing (which seemed like eternity) on Brian’s image, eventually giving a big sigh and putting down her magnifying glass she said, no he (Brian) is definitely an impostor ……....so there you have it :? :?

andy :lol:

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:45 am

Now *that* gives you something to think about !!

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:05 am

I bow to the older generation, I'm surprised there are any older than me :lol: . I'm (the poster), an Imposter.

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - General Discussion