Ok, what have I done?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Ok, what have I done?

Postby nannybear » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:06 pm

I can go to the pages, but the shows don't show up at all. The stats are there, the thumbnails for the portfolio but nothing to click on ??? Am I missing something......hugs Nanny ( sad nanny)
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

magnusg

Postby magnusg » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:29 pm

Don't fret.....
You're not missing anything. Put your glasses on again and look again!

They're there...

Magnus

Postby Barbara_K » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Jan,

I've had the same problem off and on all day. Photodex must be making some changes.

Barbara

Postby HunnyB » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:53 pm

Same problems here.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby Camlork » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:34 am

Hi All

Same problem here in the Isle of Man (try google world or a good atlas) for most of yesterday but a couple of bottles of wine for dinner - seems to be the "cure all" on this forum and all seems well this morning.

Ted

Photodex problems

Postby corporallouis » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:11 am

I'm experiencing the same problems as you folks for the last couple of days. Someone mentioned re-downloading Presenter and that seemed to fix her problem. Not for mine! On the other forums some are having problems and some are still able to view uploaded sample shows. Does anyone REALLY know what's going on ....? You'd think Photodex would put up some kind of notice on their site if they are updating their website and having had numerous reports of people having this much difficulty using their site. :evil:

Revived ..... !

Postby corporallouis » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:14 am

Someone sent the paramedics to Photodex.....they live! I'm able to view after almost 3 days. Better be quiet ...... it might be short lived .....

Postby nannybear » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:39 am

I have sent them an email, let's see how long it takes them to respond :roll: Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

magnusg

Postby magnusg » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:27 am

Hi again,

The same happened to me yesterday. But after ten minutes everything was fine. Not only my shows were gone but others as well.......for awhile.

All shows that I have attempted to watch today were there.

This is obviously a Photodex website problem. Maybe they're changing servers or something.
Again....they haven't been deleted by mistake.....just gone for coffee. Now, I'll go back and enjoy my Swedish coffee.

Have a nice one.
Magnus

picturethis

Postby picturethis » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:53 am

I'm also experiencing similar problems plus the fact that when I try to view exe shows sent to me by different friends (saved on my hard drive), while I've always been able to view them fine in the past, I can view some of them but not all! Downloaded presenter again but it doesn't fix the problem.

Has anyone else encountered this problem in the last few days - ie try and view exe shows saved on your hard drive and not be able to do so? :?

You broke it!!

Postby KellyInAz » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:56 am

It's happened to me a couple of times. Seems to be working just fine now.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."

Thomas Jefferson

picturethis

Postby picturethis » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

Well good it's working for you KellyInAz - still not working for me.

In desperation even rebooted after reinstalling Presenter - just hoping... - unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I've never encountered such a frustrating software in all my years of computer work!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi Picturethis

Presenter does not have to be available to view an exe file. If you have been able to view these previously on your computer it is certainly not a Photodex problem that you can't now.

If you are trying to view .px files and can't it may be a Presenter problem.

Brian

picturethis

Postby picturethis » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:48 pm

Thanks for your input briancbb

I'm not sure I actually understand how this thing works because when I view the exe files that I can open, when I click on the exe, first I get a "photodex installer" message - then it loads quickly and the show starts.

In some cases, when I try to view the exe shows done by friends, after I click on the exe file on some of them, nothing happens - and in some other cases, still exe files, I get the 'photodex installer' message and it seems to start loading but then nothing happens afterwards... I guess the 'installer' is not the same as the 'presenter' feature...

I've had problems in the past with .px files not opening but they seem to be working for now. Phew!

I'll keep trying to figure that one out...

Thanks again!

Return to PSP - General Discussion