Re: Upgrade To v 3.0.1967

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Esteemed Member

Re: Upgrade To v 3.0.1967

Postby ve6tp » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:00 am

Talk about having a "Senior's Moment" .....

I posted this earlier in the PSG section by mistake. I meant it to be in the PSP section.

I know the upgrade v 3.0.1967 hasn't been around very long, but for those who have tried this version, have you found any serious problems? I am a little reluctant to upgrade these days with some of the problems encountered in the past versions.

Thanks for any comments.

Tru

Postby KellyInAz » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:25 pm

No problems for me. I've completed one show with no problems. I say take the plunge :lol:
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it."

Thomas Jefferson

Postby bigsewed » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:35 am

I am running 1967 too without any issues...

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:06 am

Hi:

My thanks to both of you and good to hear you are not having any problems with the latest version.

Not many replies to this question and that, to me, would indicate "no news is good news".

I'm installing the version today. As Kelly said "take the plunge".

Thanks guys.

Tru

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:22 am

Let us know how it goes ... so the rest of us can show
how brave we are by FOLLOWING you into the pond :lol:

mikey (still running 1942)
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:36 am

Mi Mikey:

In deed, you would have to be extremely brave to follow me. In the words of the once invincible William Shatner "To boldly go where no man has gone before".

With your knowledge and experience Mikey, you lead, I'll follow ......

See ya later my friend.

Tru

Postby debngar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:13 pm

I installed 1967 today, rendered my latest show "Trevor's 1st Birthday" which has quite a few layered masks in it. It rendered the layers in the proper order. It played back on the DVD player without the awful jitters seen on the Photodex site and in the preview mode. So it looks like the lmixed up layering problem has been fixed - YEAH! :D

I haven't done much with 1967 other than that though.

Debbie G.

Postby Yanis » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:39 pm

No issues with release 1967.

Peace,
Yanis :D

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Thanks Yanis and Debbie. That's encouraging and looks like the version is working A-OK.

Hey Debbie, if you don't mind, I'd like to see your show. Any chance for URL??

Tru

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:08 pm

Hey Debbie:

I just found and viewed your show. Good job and nice effects. Makes the show very interesting and enjoyable. Ya know it won't be all that long and you will be doing his 2nd birthday ....... Thanks for sharing.

Debbie, I do have one question I'd like to ask you if you don't mind. Could I send you a private message or would you rather I didn't?? Would not be a problem if you would rather not, I'd understand.

Tru

Postby debngar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:33 pm

I do have one question I'd like to ask you if you don't mind. Could I send you a private message or would you rather I didn't?? Would not be a problem if you would rather not, I'd understand

I don't suppose I care one way or another at this point

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:38 am

OK Debbie, I understand. I'll get in touch with the Tech group instead. It would have been faster to get your opinion, but no problem.

Tru

ve6tp

Postby debngar » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:25 am

What I meant, is that it would be ok to contact me privately I suppose. I didn't mean to sound like it wasn't ok. I don't know if I can or will directly answer your question until you ask it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yes, it's easier for people to ask others questions but also good to try and figure some things out for ourselves even though it takes a bit of time. Some people don't WANT to do that but need to do that. I spend a lot of time researching and trying things myself and usually ask questions only when I'm really stuck for an answer.

Often people ask questions they can easily get the answer to by doing a simple search for themselves on google. It has been said, "google is your friend". LOL It can be faster than waiting for someone to answer a private message if they are away from their computer for a length of time.

So depending on your question, I may be able to answer you directly or I may choose to refer you to other options for your answers.

Hope that makes sense.

Debbie

Esteemed Member

Postby ve6tp » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:50 pm

It's no problem Debbie I should have explained that I wanted an opinion from you because your last show reminded me of an option that was suggested by a member quite some time ago. I wanted to ask you how you felt about it. However, I talked with a Tech and they had an answer because they had been asked by two other members earlier in the year. So I have what I needed.

Judging by some of your comments in your reply, I think you assumed I wanted to ask you a technical question because it would simply save me time, but that was not the case. I should have been more clear on my posting to you. So it's my fault and I apologize for that. Just for the record Debbie, I don't operate that way. Two months have gone by and I am still trying to figure out two things pertaining to other programs so that I could use the end results with PSP. I have asked on this forum for some help from time to time, but not frequently. I only do this when I'm out of ideas. Part of the fun is figuring things out for yourself.

Anyway Debbie, again your show was great and I have an idea that I got from watching it, that I want to try out. I'll see if it works and if it is worth the effort.

Thanks for your time and hope we talk again soon.

Tru

Return to PSP - General Discussion