Build 1967 Works Great

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
TracyM

Build 1967 Works Great

Postby TracyM » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:23 pm

I was scared to death about downloading the new build after reading everyones comments here. But earlier today I finally took the plunge and have had zero problems. Maybe I just got lucky but so far it was worth the update just for not having to fumble around looking for a templates folder anymore. This is just another point of view for those considering whether to upgrade or not.

andy

Tread carefully!

Postby andy » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:08 am

Tread carefully when using templates with lots of layers and keyframes
Sent following report to Photodex:

ATTENTION OF Henry McManus
Have attached Zip PSH file (all that’s needed to show problem)

I backed up my entire Hard drive (just in case!) then installed build 1967 over 1942 once again.

Build 1967 (as had 1966) reintroduced the Juddering and the problem of not being able to edit (substitute) the offending ‘juddering Transitions’.

The good news is I think that I have narrowed the problem down to it’s source, which happens to be from Templates which contain many layers using
keyframes that I have downloaded from lots of members/friends at “proshow enthusiastsâ€

Esteemed Member

Postby JC » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:28 am

Andy,

Thanks for taking on the issue, especially with such detail, precision and persistence. I will delay my update (or at least the use of templates) until I hear more.

Again, thank you.

Jeff

TracyM

Re: Tread carefully!

Postby TracyM » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:03 am

Thank you for the warning. I haven't had a problem with my templates though so I guess it doesn't affect all templates. I am sorry you're having such a problem and hope it gets fixed soon. :(

[quote="andy"]Tread carefully when using templates with lots of layers and keyframes
Sent following report to Photodex:

ATTENTION OF Henry McManus
Have attached Zip PSH file (all that’s needed to show problem)

I backed up my entire Hard drive (just in case!) then installed build 1967 over 1942 once again.

Build 1967 (as had 1966) reintroduced the Juddering and the problem of not being able to edit (substitute) the offending ‘juddering Transitions’.

The good news is I think that I have narrowed the problem down to it’s source, which happens to be from Templates which contain many layers using
keyframes that I have downloaded from lots of members/friends at “proshow enthusiastsâ€

andy

New Build 1974

Postby andy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:40 am

Both my problems have now been fixed in latest Build

Current Revision - 3.0.1974
August 14, 2007
Added feature to control width of outlines / highlights on menus
Fixed problem where playback could stutter during transitions
Fixed thumbnail display problems affecting some editions of Windows
Fixed problem where the Choose Transition dialog could fail to remain open
Fixed various problems with object outlines / highlights on DVD menus
Fixed problem where video layers could fail to play in video based output