New to the forum

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Postby VidQueen » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:08 am

Welcome, Scooter!

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said. But I do want to say that I LOVE your tag line:

"If you listen to your photos, you'll see the music".

MAN, is that true!!! That philosophy alone tells me that you will do great things with this program :)

Jennifer

This is too funny!

Postby Scooter » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:23 am

I was actually going to e-mail you about some of your video backgrounds today!

Jennifer, I'm a big fan of yours. I came across choicebackgrounds.com a few weeks ago. That's how I found ProShow Enthusiasts.com, also a great and welcome site

I Love your stuff. Links to your tutorials from your website allowed me to view your other stuff. Good music, good style. Tutorial's rock. The keyframes tutorial, I came away with things I wouldn't have known from using ProShow's help file-It sucks. I watched them all and I go back frequently to see if you've put up anything else.

Thanks for mention of the tag-line. I can honestly say I made it up!

Talk to ya soon.

PS-I actually worked for about 5 days in Bentonville AR putting POS systems in for Oil/Lube joints about 16 years ago.
"If you listen to the pictures, you'll see the music."

It's all one big Family!

Postby VidQueen » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:07 pm

Hey Scooter!

I'm glad you found the Enthusiast Forum through my website :) It's just the best. I've browsed a few other forums on different topics, but this one really is one big family (drunken Uncles and all!) :shock:

One of these days I'm going to take down the Basic Keyframing Tutorial. It's mostly good, but there's some misinformation in it (You don't need to turn off the Auto buttons...you can, if it helps, though). But so many people are getting help from it that I just don't have the heart to take it down yet :oops:

Bentonville has changed in the last 16 years, let me tell you....we're actually a full blown "city" now! 5 Starbucks within a 10 mile radius!! That's the definition of a city, isn't it?! :lol:

The reason I mentioned your tag line was because I have had many clients ask me how long thier photos will be up on the screen. I tell them that I edit to the music. They look at me; confused. I tell them, "I know this will sound arsty-fartsy, but the music will tell me how long to keep the photos up and the photos will tell me how they want to be shown." Of course, I then get a look of "This Lady is completely BONKERS!". That's alright...I'm used to it! :lol:

Happy ProShowing Scooter!
Jennifer

Postby Scooter » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:15 pm

You're the first person to actually mention that the music might have something to do with the process. I was thinking I was nuts but I do the same. Aint nothin' wrong with artsy fartsy. Although my first posting of a show didn't seem to go...well. I think it's what I expected. When I post something else it will be my less artsy fartsy.

Postby VidQueen » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:21 pm

You're the first person to actually mention that the music might have something to do with the process.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that it's because I'm a video editor; not a photographer. When I build a video (or Show, in this case) the Audio is my base. It tells me where everything is supposed to go. IMO, if you edit your photos first, then drop in your music, without regard to timing, your show will feel completely out of sync. I always start with the music first, whether I choose it or my client chooses it. I build my "house" on top of that foundation.

I think it's just a personal choice, though. Whatever works for you :)
Jennifer

Postby nannybear » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:22 pm

I love Artsy Fartsy. My biggest issue right now is no time to watch shows. I mostly comment from work where I can't use the presenter. Once I am home, the time just goes bye bye and I just keep up with regular postings. Do what you love as it is you, you have to please anyhoo...... Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby kaylef » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:03 am

Welcome to the forum Scooter!

Dont be timid, post a show! You seem to be in tuned to what makes a good show and have a nice philosophy about pictures/music. I bet your shows will be mucho enjoyable.

I'm like hunnyb and still have'nt posted a show myself...I'm sure I will very soon tho! (bawk bawk ..hehe) i look at my first shows and think "THANK GOD I didnt post them ....they are AWFUL! I could be the poster child for what NOT to do! haha Lets just say I was pan/transition/zoom HYSTERICAL. My old shows could be used to torture the ENEMY.

Right now I'm just "borrowing' from all the pros and using their templates (thankyou a zillion everyone who has taken the time to post them!). And I've purchased several Choice Backgrounds to help me along, and read Vidqueen tutorials gratefully. (and nannybears and alcains and lots others) gpsmikey is terribly helpful too ...im gonna stop here cuz this thanking list could go on for hours.

So my family and friends think I'm a video genious...and I've been furiously making shows for them for birthdays, reunions, funerals (even a dog funeral) and they are massively appreciative. We won't tell them I'm just a pupil here at Proshow.

So dust off your latest show and post the darn thing ... now I'm very curious.
You too HunnyB!!! You're a brave southern belle .... what would Scarlett do?

Postby Scooter » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:11 pm

Thanks Kaylef for the welcome. I do have a show posted. Your feedback is welcome.

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion