Need help with right choose of words

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Valued Member

Need help with right choose of words

Postby mklaugh » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:04 am

I was hoping that I could get some help with finding the right words to say to start a slide show for remembering a loss of a loved one. I am trying to put together a show for my family about my sister who just passed from cancer. I have the ending already finished. That was easy because my other sister had written a very nice poem about her. I used the picture they had for her funeral on the side and had the poem fade in and out one paragraph at a time, ending with her picture fading out and a gardian angel moving up to the middle of the screen. Most of the pictures that I have are old black and whites with some colored one. I am using a scrapebook paper background that has clocks faded in the background of it.

Maureen

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:28 am

While I am not particularly good sometimes at choosing words for
this kind of situation, what I have found is that if you are having
a real problem getting the words to fit your opening, perhaps that
opening was not meant to be the right one. Think of a theme that
was very important to her - consider starting with something along
those lines. How about a favorite picture of a place or person of
hers ?? Good luck - these are NOT easy :cry:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Barbara_K » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:15 am

Maureen,

I have found some excellent verses and ideas for captions at dMarie.com. It's a site for scrapbooking and has tons of verses and poems for any occasion. Maybe you will find something there that will inspire you. Here's the link. Click on "Poem Place".

http://dmarie.com/default.asp?I=6

Barbara

Postby czali » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:03 am

Here a few quotes I have collected over time.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Others stay for a while leaving footprints on our hearts, and we are forever changed.

-- Author: Unknown

When the one you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.

-- Author: Unknown

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16

I am sure you could find many more on the internet.

GoodLuck!

Colleen

Postby dcbyrne » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:47 am

Barbara,
Thanks for this information. I have added this link to my Favorits list.

Douglas

Postby Barbara_K » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:28 pm

You're welcome Douglas. I think you'll find the search engine is very good at the Poem Place too. I just type in a few key words for whatever I'm looking for and usually find what I need.

Barbara

Postby dcbyrne » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:41 pm

Hi Barbara,
I did find the search engine to be great. I have already found some wonderful poems, copied them and pasted them in Microsoft Word, then saved them in a folder I call poems for future use.

Douglas

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:49 pm

I did a memory show of my parents for my siblings and started it with:
There's a place in your heart where
their loves always been
And in memory you go there
again and again....
As the years go by,
the pictures fade,
but not the memories the
love has made.
I ended it with one of the one's Colleen suggested:
"When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure."

My condolences on the passing of your sister, these are tough shows to make. Good Luck.

Maureen

Postby dcbyrne » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:59 pm

Hello Maureen,
I'm very sorry, I was lost in the thought of the "Poem Place" link that Barbara posted. It was very inconsiderate of me not to mention your loss, please forgive me and except my condolences for the loss of your sister.

Sincerely,
Douglas

Valued Member

Thank you

Postby mklaugh » Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:12 pm

I want to thank all of you for your help and for your symphathy. It has been real hard this last month with the death of my mother in law and my sister. I had already done something for my mother in law as a christmas gift one year. I might still try to put together something a little different for her memory yet. I was trying to do the one for my sister before she passes so that she could have seen it but did not get pictures all ready before things happened. Now I am going to put it together so I can share with my other brothers and sister, her husband and her children. It will be so when they want to fell close to her they can watch it and remember the love she had for all of us. Once again thank you.

Maureen

cking199

Postby cking199 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:05 am

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 5843&alb=0

Maureen, I'm very sorry for your loss, I know it's such a hard time for the family.

I'm not sure if this is any help at all but my husband passed away from cancer in 2004 and this is the link to a show I did for him. I had very few photos of him but I did the best I could with what I had to work with. At the time I did his I felt less words was the way I wanted to go. Maybe this will give you some ideas and maybe it's nothing you're interested in but feel free to take a look.

Carole

Valued Member

Thanks

Postby mklaugh » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:27 am

Carole
That was very nice. I too wanted to use her name, date of birth and death some where in the show, but I want something a little more then that to start this show. If I can not find the right words to use then I will use her name.

Thank you for sharing.

Maureen

Return to PSP - General Discussion