Rendering for iPod

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
kjohnsenwi

Rendering for iPod

Postby kjohnsenwi » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:03 am

Does anyone have experience with putting PSP shows onto an iPod. I have an 80GB iPod and was able to get a show over but had to convert it within iTunes before I could add it. Very time consuming process. So...does anyone know if there's an easier way? What output format allows for a direct upload to an iPod? I even tried doing Quicktime and various Apple compression options but those still needed to be converted...

Thanks for any info.

Kelly

angioman63

Postby angioman63 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:13 pm

I have a little experience with it. But a few questions first
1. Are you following the instructions from the Photodex site?
http://www.photodex.com/training/howto/howto_ipod.html
2. What is your processor speed?
3. Ram?

If you are following the directions from the link above and you have a newer PC the whole process should take about 15 to 20 min for a short show (5-6 min in length)
First because of the rendering, but the importing into Itunes only takes a few moments also the transfer to the Ipod via USB 2.

If you have an older machine with a ram shortcoming it might take a little longer.

My results are based Dual Xeon 1.5 and a gig of ram, 256 video, and SATA Raid.

Good luck
Joe

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:52 pm

I don't know the differences between the two, but I've been able to convert my shows to work with the iPhone. I just create the show as an mpeg, and then use a free program I found that converts the file to work with the iPhone. It even adds the converted file to iTunes for me when it's done. The whole process takes about 5 to 10 minutes.

Here's a link to the software. The link points to the iPod converter, not the iPhone converter I use.

Videora iPod Converter

Hope this works for you!

Mike

Return to PSP - General Discussion