Hi...IIII"MMMM BBAAAAACCKKKKKKK

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Hi...IIII"MMMM BBAAAAACCKKKKKKK

Postby GabBill » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:59 pm

Hi all,
I haven't been posting much for the past few months. I had some major shoulder surgery that had me very, very miserable for quite a while. I tore three rotator cuff tendons. Nothing life threatening, but not something I'd recommend for a vacation. Happened in February and I'm just starting to come back to life. They tell me it takes about a year.

I have been lurking from time to time, but just didn't have the energy to get too involved. In fact, I havent' created a show in months. I'm glad to see everyone is outputting such great work. I've a tremendous amount of catching up to do. But I hope to put something together soon.

Hope all are well.

Regards,
Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:07 pm

Bill,

It appears that your typing hasn't suffered ..... welcome back. Maybe now you can get back to the business of making new shows.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:11 pm

Glad to see you back again !!

Your injuries may not have been life threatening to you, but I'll bet
those around you walked carefully ! :lol:
I remember how grumpy I was when I trashed my knee :cry:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Can't wait

Postby alcain » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:44 pm

Welcome back Bill. I can't wait till you post your next show... We have missed you! ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby HunnyB » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:26 pm

Hey Bill, let me introduce myself. I am HunnyB. Fairly new around here.
I had shoulder surgery about 3 years ago. And yes, it took me about
a year to completely recover. Any surgery that involve bones ain't fun.
Glad you are getting back with the living. You need to add your photo like
everyone else seem to be doing lately.

:D That's me on the left.....LOL

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby dcbyrne » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:28 pm

Hello Bill,
Like HunnyB I am also kind of new. Not sure if you are aware but you can now get out from under that helmet and let us all see who you really are. If your interested and need help, I will be glad to assist.

Welcome back,
Douglas

Thanx for the warm welcome back.

Postby GabBill » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:30 am

Thanx to all for your warm welcome and good wishes.

Bob,

Funny you mention typing. I had started repsonding to a few posts and just couldn't coherently type a full sentence. Amazingly, not enough energy to type. I had to give up.

Mikey,
I had my knee done a few years ago. It was also tough stuff. I had my knee done on a Wedsnesday and hobbled into the office on a cane the following Monday. But I gotta tell ya, the knee paled in comaprison to the shoulder. And physical therapy is great fun. They twist my shoulder into positions I never knew it could go...probably should't go, and definitely won't ever go again once I'm finished. But, yes, gurmpy is an understatement :D

One Eyed Al,
I thought you were missing the other eye? :lol: Thanx for the welcome; it's good to be back. I just need to buckle down with some of these fantastic templates that are floating around and get really serious.

HoneyB & Douglas,
Nice to meet you both. This really is a great forum, where everyone is always willing to lend a hand. I'll have to get my 7-year-old's OK to change the Boba Fett avitar. Or is it Jango. He's a Star Wars fanatic. But I think I can convince him.

Best to all,
Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP

Postby Jeep » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:50 am

Bill my friend, take care of you ! "The Thing" is so diabolic to manipulate that you been one of its victims !! :D Happy to hear from you again and please give us the joy of seeing a new show from you.
I'm working on a new madness with "The Thing", just when you watch it, it should remove completely the remaining of your shoulder problems :D :D
Have a good day
Friendly
Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby kaylef » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:29 am

welcome back !

My husband had rotator cuff surgery in May. He had to have a "human skin patch" to fix him up. (sounds gross right?) I have been his "right arm" since then! I hope you got the good drugs like he did!

I think you need "slideshow therapy" to get you back to 100%.

Looking forward to seeing your shows.

Kay

Postby nannybear » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:52 am

Hi Bill,

So great to see you on the forum. I had tendonitis ( nothing compared to your stuff) and it made me very cranky when I couldn't compute. Will send you lots of white healing light and good thoughts!! Can't wait to see your next show. Hugs Nanny
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby VidQueen » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:09 am

Hiya Bill!

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your shoulder, but glad it wasn't life or limb threatening :) Maybe creating a nice show will be just the medicine you need. Or, at least move the pain from your shoudler to your head!

Hugs to you, my friend!
Jennifer

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:20 am

Welcome back Bill.

Not everyone has changed there avator, there are a few stick in the muds :lol:

Brian

Postby GabBill » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:01 pm

Thanx again to all for your warm welcome back.

Jean-Pierre,
I can't wait to view your next "madness." As I mentioned to you elsewhere, there is a very fine line between madnees and brilliance. Your work is alway supurb.

Hi Kay,
Glad to say I didn't need a "skin patch." Funny thing is, mine was done arthroscopically and there's not a mark left on my shoulder. Look Ma, mo scars. I hope he's doing well. People in my department have actually been calling me "Lefty."

Nanny Jan,
What can I say to you, except I've missed you. Not only do I need some White Light Magic, I could use a nice long glass of wine and lots of Nanny Hugs. Thanx.

Hiya Jenn, how you doin?
I really could use a pain diversion from the shoulder. I see you've been busy producing DVD tutorials. I saw some of you tutorials and they were great. Thanx for all your sharing. I still need to get my head around KFs. Really feel like a Newbie again. But I know I need to get back in the saddle again. I've seen some really incredibale stuff going on around here. A very far cry from 2.6. My last complete show was in 2.6 back in February. WOW...so long ago.

Hey Brian,
How goes it in Balmy Scotland? I don't think I'd go so far as a stick in the mud...perhaps a diehard.

Thanks again to you all for making me feel so warmly welcomed back. Just like an old family.

Best to all,
Bill
Nice to be back.
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP

Return to PSP - General Discussion