New build 3.0 1966

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

New build 3.0 1966

Postby debngar » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:46 pm

Available for download per the Photodex site.

http://www.photodex.com/support/revisio ... index.html

Debbie

Postby kaylef » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:48 am

Im excited and scared at the same time. Should I get the new version when I'm in the middle of making a show? I think I'm too chicken.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:55 am

Well, I stuck my big toe in the water :D

I uninstalled Presenter version 1942 (after Debbie worked so hard to
find that fix ! ) and let it install Presenter build 1966. Seemed to work
fine once I got around all the server/network issues that were going
on last night. Haven't tried a lot of shows, but it seemed OK (but I'm
still running 1942 on Producer - waiting for someone more foolish, I mean
braver than me :wink:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Vinnette Drop Shadows are incorrect with Elipse

Postby hardsoftware » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:10 am

Well, like an idiot I went ahead and installed the new version. It seemed to be working ok until I read in the other forum that drop shadows are screwed up if you used the vinnette elipse with a drop shadow...the drop shadows are rectangular even if you choose elipse. Now I have not made any new shows with this new version so I decided to try one of my older shows.... "My Colorized Roots" ... and let me tell you that it has to be a presenter problem because if you watch that show it is totally screwed up when I play it now using the so called new version of presenter. All the vinnette drop shadows are rectangular in every vinnette frame I used and I used a lot of them in that show. If you view the show now it is trashed. I wonder if I go back to 1942 if this will revert the show back to what it is supposed to be?? I don't even want to try to view my Lost Hero show...or VFW show as I know they will be trashed too with this new version.

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby VidQueen » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:15 am

Ben,

Yes, go back to 1942 if you need to. I do that all the time. It just depends on whether the current bug affects you or not. I'm not really a vignette person, so I haven't had any trouble with 1966.

Uninstall 1966 and reinstall 1942 if you want to view an older show that has the vignette/shadow problem. They should be just fine.

Jennifer

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:39 am

Jennifer, Yes I am going to do that but not until probably next week. I wanted PHOTODEX to view the show so that they cans SEE for themselves what the problem is, although I suspect that there have been others that have pointed this out to them already. I sent them a problem report along with the link to that particular show. In fact most of my recent shows will exibit this problem if viewed now. Glad that reinstalling the older version will remedy the problem.

Looks like I'll have plenty of time on my hands after tomorrow. I am getting downsized from Intel in the morning. Sigh! Time to hit the pavement and look for a job. I may even have to drop my broadband if I do not find a job soon after this happens. That means no more posting shows or viewing them either. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Ben
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

Postby VidQueen » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:48 am

Oh, my Gosh, Ben...I'm so sorry to hear that! It seems to be happening a lot, though. My soon-to-be-ex-husband's job is being "relocated". He'll have 60 days to find another job within the company or he'll have to look for a new job at a new company as well.

Do some slideshows for a little extra cash....my business was almost entirely slide shows for the first 5 years before I started Choice Backgrounds, so I know it can be done. I wasn't getting rich or anything, but it paid my bills :) And being your own boss can be the bomb, I gotta tell ya. I hear about work place stress from my friends and I just don't miss it. The stress I have is different; I create it. Stress created by someone else (a boss or co-worker) is harder to deal with, imo.

Anyway, good luck to you, my Green Friend! I'll be sending "Good Career" vibes your way :)

Jennifer

ProShow Hall of Fame

Redeployed!

Postby hardsoftware » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:02 am

He'll have 60 days to find another job within the company or he'll have to look for a new job at a new company as well.

Yes, its the same over here only Intel calls it "redeployment" If we don't find a job within the company within a certain period of time we get our pink slips and that is what has happened. Oh well, I was looking for that job when I found it eh :lol: Close one door and another one opens...or at least a window of opportunity opens.

The stress I will definatly not miss Jennifer. I actually never liked working there having to wear that silly space suit 12 hours a day. One reason I stayed was because of the compressed work week thing..4 days off work 3 days, then work 4 days and get 3 days off...so I really only worked 14 days out of each month. I will miss that. But like you said, being your own boss is the way to go. I am "green" with envy :wink:

Oh and thanks Jennifer, I really appreciate your good wishes for my well being. I'll keep posting and viewing as long as I am able to.

Ben

Postby debngar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:27 am

Ben,

I hope good things for you. Sometimes it's better even though it can be so scary to make the change. I was employed by SBC (when I started in '74 - aka Pacific Telephone which was owned at the time by AT&T > then Pac Bell> then Pacific Telesis> then SBC> NOW it's AT&T again all in the space of about 20 years. LOL

After 24.5 yrs and when SBC acquired the company, though I applied for 30 other local positions in the company, all they would give me at the end was a $10/hr job offer in St. Louis. I have in the same state on the west coast almost all my life. Why would I move for a HUGE cut in pay and continued instability? So I was forced to leave and I was given the pink slip.

I'll not go back to the corporate culture way of work if I can help it. As it is, I really wasn't able to have a career in the company that utilized my creative bent. So this is better

1st hubby deserted me and the kids right after I lost that job. That wasn't fun either. :shock:

Current hubby and I own and run a hardware store but after 10+ yrs of owning, we are putting that up for sale very soon to try other things. I'm attempting to pursue a photography and slideshow service while hubby wants to do animal rescue.

It can be unnerving knowing how this will all turn out but guess I can say won't be boring. :shock: :lol:

You are a very creative guy Ben. As they say, "do what you love and the money will follow".

Best Wishes

Debbie

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:44 am

Thanks Debbie, I appreciate all the good wishes 8)

Its official, as of September 4th I will be unemployed. Got the news at 7:00am this morning.

Ben

Postby czali » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:25 am

Ben,

So sorry to hear that. As Deb said you are very creative. I am sure things will turn around for you. Your shows (Colorized Roots) are the only ones that I got my Father (history buff) to watch. I will keep you in my prayers.

Colleen

dnavarrojr

Postby dnavarrojr » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:16 am

Ben,

Sorry to hear about that. I ran into the same issue when Apple cut its Microsoft Networking division in 1992. As a MS-DOS/Windows programmer, they didn't have any other place in the company for me, so it was good-bye. However, it led to owning my first business (a small comsulting business) which then led to bigger and better things.

Hope all works out for you.

--Dave

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:33 pm

Thanks Colleen, and Thanks Dave, I already got rid of my broadband connection to cut back on unecessary expenses, so its dialup now until I can figure out what I am going to do.

Ben

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:36 pm

Dialup after broadband ?!?!? Now that is just plain cruel :cry:

I did notice the other day along I-5 in the Seattle area, several
rest stops that said they had wifi -- the Aussies go "walkabout" -
you could go "driveabout" :wink:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

dnavarrojr

Postby dnavarrojr » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:19 am

hardsoftware wrote:Thanks Colleen, and Thanks Dave, I already got rid of my broadband connection to cut back on unecessary expenses, so its dialup now until I can figure out what I am going to do.

Ouch!! I get rid of cable-tv and water service first. :) Maybe some donations for cash at the local bloood and sperm banks...

But, I understand how ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. We had some medical and car repair bills pile up and we dropped our cable-tv service and a number of other monthly luxery bills (Netflix, etc.) until we got caught up.

If you decide to give free-lance a try, PM me and I'll be glad to donate web work and anything else I can do to help.

--Dave

Next

Return to PSP - General Discussion