Open letter to Alcain!

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
dreamland

Open letter to Alcain!

Postby dreamland » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:43 pm

Dear Al,

I offer my unconditional peace and apology to you, regarding the recent events. Also i feel i am unfit to lead a civilized argument ,so i "banned" myself from posting in this forum. I leave the talking to my beloved partner and wife ,Gabriella, who is the actual member here and not me. I hope you will take this as a positive way to compensate.

Steve

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Humbled

Postby alcain » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Steve, I am humbled and awed by your kind gesture. Thank you. I knew, from seeing the genius and subject matter in some of your shows, that you have a caring and compassionate heart. Life gets at me too, and I sometimes react instead of act accordingly. Life is a learning process, and I have learned something today, that... you are, after all is said and done, a good man. Peace be with you, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Steve & Al

Postby dcbyrne » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:40 pm

Hi Steve, Hi Al,
I think it's wonderful that you both put the past behind you. Peace between us is a good thing... I for one am very happy to see this come about.

Thank you both,
Douglas

Postby HunnyB » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:21 am

AWWWWWW.............
kisses to everyone :wink:

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

alaskaninexile

Postby alaskaninexile » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:46 pm

Steve, Gabriella, and alcain,
Glad to see happy resolution. I'm not sure if others felt the same way, but as an outsider viewing the "DreamLand's - Dandelion- minishow" and "Do not post shows asking for comments unless you can take th" threads it was sad to see unselfish efforts by two (actually three) compassionate individuals causing such hard feelings; at the same time, as the threads unfolded, it was easy to see in retrospect why both 'Steve/Gabriella' and alcain felt disappointed.
I've not yet had the guts to post a link to my shows (maybe when I hit 50 posts I might), but in viewing other shows to learn I've appreciated people like alcain, Nannybear, gpsmikey, Brenda, etc. who seem always willing to take the time to view shows and provide comments/critiques/assistance. Certainly, alcain's critique of the Dandelion show was offered in that mode (i.e. that while show had a strong beginning and ending and lots of elements with potential, it seemed to wander aimlessly in the middle), and I can't blame alcain for being taken aback by the sarcasm of Gabriella's response and the vitriol of Steve's response. However Steve's explanation of the story associated with the orphaned little girl in that same post certainly explains, and even provides reasonable rationalization for the sensitivity felt by Gabriella and Steve - who wouldn't have been touched and at that moment realized that had this been a show about dandelions rather than an orphaned little girl there wouldn't have been such raw sensitivities.
Alcain's post yesterday of 'Dreamland Show - Critique and Review' I think was a first step in trying to extend an olive branch, and it is heartwarming to see Steve and Gabriella gratefully accept that olive branch with this "Open letter to Alcain" thread. Thanks to all 3 of you for in your own ways striving to make this world a better place for all. My apologies in advance if any of my observations are seen as presumptious - they probably are, but i mean no harm and certainly do not want to reopen any old wounds - am just trying to explain why I'm glad to see happy resolution.
Alaskan in Exile

dreamland

Postby dreamland » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:08 pm

However Steve's explanation of the story associated with the orphaned little girl in that same post certainly explains, and even provides reasonable rationalization for the sensitivity felt by Gabriella and Steve

Hi Alaskan,

Things are OK, evrything is working out between all of us, the good and bad just brings us closer and more understanding towards eachother.

Josephine our little 4.5 years old little girl is one fine and happy child. Steve's comments of an orphan... was a response to what we felt insensitive way of addressing our little girl's identity.

Keep well everyone,
Gabriella:)

Postby nannybear » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:21 pm

I am so glad things can get back to normal now..... {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}} to everyone!! Nanny
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby Yanis » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:47 pm

Better yet, let's make it a {{{{{{{{{{{{GROUP HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}} !

Peace,
Yanis :D

Oops! Sorry about that. :lol:
Last edited by Yanis on Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby nannybear » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:56 pm

Oh Yanis you are so smart. I didn't think to put a point size in there!!!! hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

lostdutchman

Postby lostdutchman » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:34 pm

Two things from monitoring this forum the past two weeks: 1) I've learned a heck of a lot about designing photo shows, and 2) I've been entertained.

I had to go back and view the dandelion show since I wasn't around at the time. Part of the song says, "dandelion don't tell no lies." I thought, "How appropriate." For me this show celebrated one thing: innocence. That's a powerful human emotion and it came through loud and clear.

I'm glad to see some reconciliation here. It's fitting.

Ken

Return to PSP - General Discussion