Combine two shows?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
billharden

Combine two shows?

Postby billharden » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:43 am

I'm sure that this question has been asked before. How do you combine two shows into one show (maybe with a leader clip or something distinguishing the two shows)? Also. How do you burn two separate shows onto one DVD? As usual thank you in advance for all your help!
Bill

kjohnsenwi

Create a Project

Postby kjohnsenwi » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:50 am

Hi, Bill.

To combine two shows into one, you can create a project that connects the two shows (or more, if you wish). To do this:

1. Select Project - New Project
2. Select Project - Add Show To Project This will bring up a browser window where you can select the first show you want to add.
3. Repeat step #2 for all additional shows you wish to add.
4. Select Project - Save Project This wil now link all the shows You can add more later, work on the shows from here, etc. As you modify shows, however, be sure to save by clicking Project - Save Project and All Shows.

When you are ready to create a DVD, all of the included shows will be there. The menu will default to having an icon for each of the different shows acting as chapter headings. This is very useful when you're doing a long wedding, for example, and have separate songs for different sections of the wedding. I generally start and end each show with a blank background slide with minimal time to help with the transition from one chapter to the next seamlessly.

You can also add multiple shows when creating a DVD without creating projects by doing the following:

1. Select Create - DVD Disc
2. Click on the Shows icon
3. Click on the Add button and select the show you wish to add.

This way is uesful if you are combining a few shows that you might not want to combine every time...for example, if you were creating a demo of your work and wanted to have a wedding, a birthday, and a trip included.

Hope that helps.
Good luck,
Kelly

billharden

Postby billharden » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:28 am

Thank You Kelly,
It is so very kind of you to take the time to help me. This forum has some of the nicest people on the net! I can have an excellent answer from you folks before I can dial tech support. It's an interesting niche, you slide show producers are. Happy to meet you!
Bill Harden
Northridge, Ca.

Return to PSP - General Discussion