NEED HELP WITH RATIO ASPECT

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

NEED HELP WITH RATIO ASPECT

Postby barbie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:00 pm

I've been reading the posts re ratio aspect and I need advise please on how to prepare shows. I am making a wedding show for someone who has a wide screen. If I just make up a show without any adjustments, I assume I am making a 4:3 ratio show. If I want to make a show for wide screen, do I have to make any adjustments anywhere before I start-like set something? And what kind of adjustments do I have to make to each slide? I got the idea that if you want both ratios you have to make 2 separate shows. Is that right? Can't I just change the aspect ration to 16:9 in the Menu settings when I create DVD after preparing show ?
Thanks for helping me understand this.
Barbie

Postby nannybear » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:41 pm

You can change after but it messes up where you have put your pictures as they are now on a 16:9 canvas for lack of a better way to explain. You need to go into show options, and set your preference there before you get started. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:57 pm

Beaten to it again :oops:

Agree with Jan.

The big advantage of 16:9 is being able to fit two 'portrait' photos side by side and cross fade between them.

Brian

Postby barbie » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:55 pm

Thanks Jan & Brian for info on aspect ratio. As I have almost finished this wedding show I will complete it at 4:3. Can I then go into menu settings--change to 16:9 and save under a different name? Will my first show still be there? Will some of the slides work ok or will I have to make adjustments to them all or most of them? What about if I have used members templates--what happens with them?
So many questions, but thanks so much for helping me out.
Barbie

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:21 am

Barbie

Yes, you can go in and change the aspect ratio and save it under a different name. Your previous save will still be there.

If the slides 'work or not', really depends on the layout of them in the first instance. You may find the only change if more 'free' area at the sides (black bars).

Brian

Postby barbie » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:07 am

Brian
Thanks for your quick response to my query. I am gratetful for that further info. I am almost finished the show and didn't want it to crash on me by making a wrong move.I just put together a short test show to try it all out. The light has dawned!
I see how it works now.
It was great to have you ( & Jan) respond. It's like having a" genie in a bottle"
Regards, Ann

Return to PSP - General Discussion