Do not post shows asking for comments unless you can take th

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Site Admin

Re: Stop critiqueing those who don't appreciate the effort

Postby MG - Admin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:15 pm

VidQueen wrote:On this topic I'd just like to say.....

How come Mike is showing 330 posts? Did you hit 10,000 and come around the bend again ? :lol:

Jennifer

Sad, isn't it? If I could spend half as much time working on a show rather than deleting spammers and monitoring the threads here I might have hit 400 posts by now. :wink:

I'll let you guys run the race to 10,000!

Mike
Last edited by MG - Admin on Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisco

Postby lisco » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:11 pm

Al-
I'm not really very good at this sort of stuff, so please bare with me. I decided to look back and see just how unfair you were to me and my shows. For the life of me I couldn't find anything unfair in your opinions. I asked for your best and I think you were honest about it in your assesment. I have read many of your opinions, for others, and even though I didn't always agree with you, I did respect what you had to say and tried to see if I could use it, in my own shows.

Al, I appreciate your dedication to the site and it's members. You care enough to post on most every show and have a sincere willingness to help others in their quest to a better show. Sometimes we expect others to see and understand exactly where we are coming from and forget that they don't know the "Whole" story behind our shows.

Before I get lost in my own ramblings, I have quoted you on the worst and best you had to offer me.

"Second Attempt...12th B-day Party Remake"

Scott, This one is better, but still awfully slow. Dan had some great ideas about jazzing it up. If you do not have enough photos to fit the song at 2 to 2.5 seconds each, maybe do a scene just for the chorus (refrain) of the song and use that scene over again with each refrain... this will give you more photos per song... I think for this type of 'fun' show, you can get away with using some 'fun' transitions. Sorry we are being so critical - these are only our opinions, and this is, after all, your show - but a lot of us are either professional photographers, layout artists, or just slide show gurus. You have the photos, the software, the talent... keep experimenting and having fun doing it! ~al

"Moto X"

Holy cow - what a show! The best fast paced show I've seen on this site. Excellent use of music - timing - transitions. Yep, I agree with Dan - you are moving up with the pros! ~al

As Always,

Scott

Another 2 cents from me

Postby debngar » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:05 pm

I will have a tendency to pay closer attention to and respect those comments and/or criticisms from members that have done a number of shows with various effects, techniques, etc and posted links for other to see to back up their knowledge or opinions.

Of course it's nice to have people enjoy watching one's shows just for entertainment purposes too. Heck, some of the stuff here is a lot better than watching the junk on TV, that's for sure. :lol:

Those who have not ever posted any shows whatsoever :shock: and yet are quick to have harsh comments, :shock: I would likely ignore and neither take the comments seriously at all.

They are still entitled to their opinion of course. :wink:

Just had to say...

Postby dtpitts » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:05 am

Al,

I know I speak for several of the "newbies" here that are still slowly learning... THANK YOU!!! If not for all of the active members on here that take the time to really watch the shows and give their honest opinion, we would not be able to learn all that we do. Your time that you give to this forum helps so many of us grow, please do not change a thing about how you critique a show!

Because ONE DAY :oops: when I am brave enough to post a show that I have made there are certain people on here that I admire and want to see what their HONEST opinion is... and you are at the TOP of the list!!

THANKS!!!!

Teresa
:)

Just MY Opinion - for what it's worth

Postby HunnyB » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:42 pm

I always try to give "my" honest opinion --- IF ASKED.
And I feel that a opinion was asked of this forum, and a opinion was given.
If one opinion happens to be negative, well, you take it (along with the positive) and either
learn from it, or just keep on doing what you have been doing.
No one has to agree or act upon an opinion, just be adult enough to hear the good and the bad.
When I ask for an opinion on a show, I look forward to the "professionals" and "non-professionals" telling me what they think.
If I can't take it, I shouldn't post it.
JUST MY OPINION ----- FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH !!!!!
kisses to everyone!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE.

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Hunny B

Postby nannybear » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:59 pm

I think you are great you Southern Belle!!! I sometimes wish I had been born in the days of Scarlet O'Hara , those beautiful dresse's and of course the "Mint Juleps".....teehee hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Jan

Postby HunnyB » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:10 pm

It really is so much fun to be a southern belle ----- with an OPINION!!!!! LOLOL
:roll:

HunnyB
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

dreamland

Postby dreamland » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:03 pm

This user became quite upset at my review

I was not upset, I thought it was amateurish or immature (can't decide) and made me smile.
We can post shows and ask for comments; however we can disagree with viewer's opinion as well.
That is the way it should work.

Gabriella
Dreamland Photographics

Postby elshagon » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:03 pm

I'm just walking into this and will just add my quick take:
1. The original poster said "your thoughts are welcome" and then wasn't very welcoming to the thoughts.
2. The critic stated later, "I was correct in my assesment of your show." This comes off as a bit arrogant that his opinion is somehow inherently correct.
3. Then it got ugly, we won't go there.

I think both can learn something here. If you post a show and ask for thoughts then you have to have thick skin. I learn more from suggestions and constructive criticism than someone who says "nice." I saw the opinions/criticism given as acceptable and should have been welcomed. If you didn't like it, then ignore it and look for other critics who tell you something you think you may want to use. To the critic: your criticism was fine. It was an opinion. It's neither "correct" or "incorrect". Remember that.

edit: oh yeah nice show :D

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Correction

Postby alcain » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:44 am

2. The critic stated later, "I was correct in my assesment of your show." This comes off as a bit arrogant that his opinion is somehow inherently correct.

I did not intend to come accross as arrogant. Although I have formal education in photography and cinematology, my opinions are, after all is said and done, still my opinions. That is the role of a director in large scale film making - he directs according to what is in his "minds eye". That is why so often we are dissapointed with the movie version of a book which we have read - we visualized it differently than the director.

I really meant to say, "I believe that I was correct in my assesment of your show". (Emphasis on I believe - making it only my opinion).

I will be more thoughtful in my futuer critiques and discussions.

My apologies, ~al cain
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion