87%
I am fine with it, it is a bussiness decision
13%

Total votes : 47
Esteemed Member

Poll: Should Photodex make amends?

Postby kneedeep » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:28 am

Hi,

My thought here is maybe it would be easier for Photodex to see the numbers by doing a poll.

The poll will close in five days.

Valued Member

Postby spudger » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:47 am

Good luck in the poll - I hope it works out ok

Regards

Sharon
Last edited by spudger on Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valued Member

Postby spudger » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:48 am

got the wrong forum - cannot delete post SORRY
Last edited by spudger on Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Esteemed Member

Postby JC » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:05 am

Sorry, but I really don't think your choices are mutually exclusive. Besides, in this case, I believe the anecdotal information carried in the other thread will be more meaningful in characterizing the goodwill issue than a count.

Rgds,

Jeff

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:22 am

I would agree there -- it was obviously a "business decision" and my
problem is not with the fact the price was lowered after I bought the
upgrades (two actually - Gold at the beginning of November, then to
Producer later in November) but the fact that the upgrade purchase
was based on THEIR advertising and web pages that encouraged us
to "buy now and avoid the price jump" (and that was clearly stated)
THEN they dropped the prices ... drastically. That was clearly
misleading.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

andy

Postby andy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:09 am

I really do not understand what we are voting on, the wording is so open ended that it becomes meaningless when one considers that we all want something for nothing.

Surely it should read something along the following lines………

I would like to see Photodex compensate everybody that upgraded/purchased Producer from the date when Photodex advertised that (their words not mine) we should “buy Build 2.6 in readiness and before build 3.0 is released as any and all discounts will be discontinuedâ€

Esteemed Member

Postby kneedeep » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:39 pm

[quote="andy"]I really do not understand what we are voting on, the wording is so open ended that it becomes meaningless when one considers that we all want something for nothing.

Surely it should read something along the following lines………

I would like to see Photodex compensate everybody that upgraded/purchased Producer from the date when Photodex advertised that (their words not mine) we should “buy Build 2.6 in readiness and before build 3.0 is released as any and all discounts will be discontinuedâ€

Alkaye

Get ANGRY!---we paid too much!

Postby Alkaye » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:58 pm

ust called. They don’t seem to have an interest in those who bought 2.6 in DECEMBER. The Guy said think of Bets Buy..when you buy an item and it goes on sale or a new version comes out. The difference is BIG..Best Buy allows refunds...or will give a credit

IS ANYONE AS ANGRY AS I AM? We early users were, in many ways, beta testers. This is noted by all the versions (fixes) that have come out before the latest one (and price drop)

C'mon..get angry!....Why should new users of 3.0 get it for less? As far as I am concerned, I am one of those new users. I got 2.6 one week beofre 3.0 came out. And it was based on the hype on Photodexs website about the pending price increases. I never had the benefit of owning 2.6 long enough to make any money on it before 3.0 came out. Why should we carry the burden?
( longer users should not reap the benefits that re not afford to the newer
users)

I'd be happy to apply my name to a mass appeal to the BUSINESS side of the company.. Anyone on board? To mee this compnay has so much potential, but has their customer services (AKA...marketing)...head up their ......

Al Kohout

Postby weldr » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:40 pm

I just voted yes to compensate... I looked back and can't find when I bought PSP2.6 but it was a while ago. I was trilled when they said all users would get a free upgrade. I don't expect compensation but anyone that purchesed in Nov. deserves something. I also think we should all get free upgrades for a certain amount of time after they get all the bugs worked out. Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Another side...with the same conclusion.

Postby VidQueen » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:28 pm

There have been many comparisions between this and an item going on sale after you bought it at full price. I don't think that applies here for two reasons; the main reason was the initial hype. If Digital Juice planned a sale (which they have all the time) and hyped people to buy it because there will soon be an increase in price, that would be seriously bad business. In this case, I believe Photodex had every intention to raise their price, but after some recent conferences and a full month of sales figures they may had to do some rethinking (I don't have any insider info here, this is just my own speculation). That fact (or speculation, anyway) does not negate the initial hype. People bought the product based on information that Photodex was putting out. Then the information was not only negated, but actually reversed! As a business owner, I would have serious ethical issues with the percieved "Bait and Switch", whether real or imagined. My business phililosophies come straight from Sam Walton, "The Customer is Always Right. Even when they are wrong" (No need to flood me with Wal-Mart bashing...I know..I know...). Even though I have posted on my website that all my sales are final, I have given numerous refunds without question. The $5 to $20 I lost is more valuable as that customer comes back to make purchases in the future. Photodex might do well to understand that.
Secondly, when an item goes on sale one of two things usually happens after that; it is either discontinued or goes back to it's normal price. Photodex didn't put Producer on sale after people bought it (many based on the hype), they lowered it's price permanantly. Again, I don't think this was calculated on Photodex's part, just a price correction that had enormously bad timing.

My 2 cents....and I still think it's the best program of it's kind.

Jennifer

Alkaye

Postby Alkaye » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:33 pm

Think of your own clients (if you run a business,...as I do) They are your best..and least expensive way of getting new business.

If they are unhappy, they wish to have an ear and a good referral goes a long way. And so do bad feelings.

I, for one, do not wish to lose clients and, like Best Buy, want customer satisfaction (when is warranted).

In this case, it clearly is.

Al Kohout

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:42 pm

Well said Vidqueen.

Postby nannybear » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:54 pm

Ditto on Jen's comments and would also like to note that I deal with her all the time and her business practice is phenomenal!! She totally puts the client first!! thanks again Jen!! hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Marlene

Postby Marlene » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:24 pm

My take on this deal.

When I buy from Staples I have a month to find the item cheaper than any other place and if I bring them a flyer, computer ad or other form of documentation that can be verified I get a refund for the price difference plus 10%. I have done it a couple of times.

I sent in my money order for PSP in October thinking like many of you if I was going to get the best I better jump at the chance now to save money. Not waiting has cost me probably about $300 Canadian. I would have been entitled to Gold 3 until February of this month and then could have forked out $99 U.S. instead of $433.50 Canadian. That hurts. I could have done nothing but a little groan if they had dropped it something like $50.

I was thinking on the flip side of the matter today though. I think we all agree that we have a product that is one of the best despite some of the glitches. I also think that its great that we have a common site to post our shows which they have provided. I DON'T want to see this company go belly up and I wonder if this last action isn't a last attempt at salvaging a sinking ship. I hope not.

Marlene

Rascal

Postby Rascal » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:08 am

Thought I would throw my two cents worth in as well. I bought 2.6 on the Friday before 3.0 came out on the following Monday for the sale (?) price of $399.95 and received 3.0 as a free upgrade. I called Photodex yesterday and talked to whoever answered. I think the Best Buy line must be the response of choice as that was the same line of reasoning I was given and told in effect that it was just my bad luck that I had purchased it before it went on sale. I have owned and operated my own business for the past 23 years and I guarantee you that if I had treated my customers as Photodex seems hell bent on treating theirs I would have been out of business in the first 6 months. Don't get me wrong, I love their product but unfortunately I will never do business with them again. If their price drop had been a year into the product, I could understand it a bit better but to penalize their early customers is just plain wrong! Thanks for letting me rant and to quote Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that".

Next

Return to PSP - General Discussion