Poll ended at Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:28 am

I would like to see Photodex compensate those that upgraded to ProShow 3.0
87%
I am fine with it, it is a bussiness decision
13%

Total votes : 47
Jenn

Postby Jenn » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:51 am

Since I tend to give people and businesses the benefit of the doubt, I think it's entirely possible that after they began selling PSP at the inflated price after the new year, they began to reconsider and dropped the price. Bad timing, and they may be red in the face over an innocent decision with bad timing.

That's my .02. I don't own PSP...... yet...... but the price drop makes it very tempting.

Jen

mightec

Postby mightec » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:48 am

The great thing about this matter is the universal view expressed by all PSPv2.6 customers. For me, it has also been that I have found a very good alternative product in PTE, and there will always be an alternative, so when the licence needs renewing I know what I will be doing. :wink:

fstop

Postby fstop » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:56 am

Maybe they should give all that took the prerelease hype ( me included), a free choice of their new released media source cd. I have been in the customer service industry for over 22 years. It cost alot to acquire a new customer ( advertisiing, R&D, etc ). Treat them right, and they become loyal customers even overlooking some shortcomings in products received. Treat them wrong, and they leave you in a flash and will tell everyone that will listen to them how they have been wronged. The Best Buy excuse that I read about earlier is an example of poor customer service. Photodex seems to be saying, " Hey, other companies do, we can too". It is my firm believe that excellant customer service has fallen buy the wayside in todays business world. Think about, when is the last time you had GREAT SERVICE in a resturant, GREAT SERVICE when you called your cell phone company or internet provider with a problem? Heck most of the time you wade throught so many automated prompts before you talk to a human you forget what your problem is. Yeah, it looks like Photodex is joining the ranks of NO Customer Service companies. Thanks for letting me throw my two cents worth into the mix.

Steve

Alkaye

Lets call PAUL....

Postby Alkaye » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:16 pm

cfeather

Calling Paul

Postby cfeather » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:06 am

In my hour of maximum frustration last year, when I was on a deadline for a project and no way could get the menu options to work, I called Paul. I was not allowed to speak to him; I got some watch dog guy who told me what a great, conscientious CEO he is and how they have thousands of satisifeid customers so it had to be ME who was having the issue, not Photodex. Of cousre, he was lying ... Photodex knew of the myriad issues and still denied them whenever I called.

My guess is they really don't care about any of us who paid $400 or $500 for Producer. They got their money, we got our headaches and we can live with it.

This reminds me a similar situation a few years ago with Arion, which made slide dissolve equipment back in the film days. Seeing the end was near, they put out a last-gasp product. It was a great concept, poorly executed, and I was one of the suckers to buy it. After a year of frustration with a product that never really got it right (Producer), they closed up shop and I was left holding the bag on a system that I'd dumped $2,000 in and was already antiquated.

So here's what I'm wondering -- could it be Adobe is about to release a competitive product that will beat the pants off Photodex? There has to be a market reason for all ths "Customer Loyalty" fluff. American corporations simply don't care about customer loyalty, and if they do, they have strange ways of showing it.

The other issue that rubs me the wrong way here is that the program has been promoted as being a professional tool, which always demands a higher price. Now the tool is cheaper, which suggests we need price our work at a lower point, and more people will buy it and compete, which hurts us who are trying to make some money from this.

One thing is for certain, there's no way I'll pay an upgrade fee or buy any of the Media Source products.

Postby marmart » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:11 am

Hmmm, food for thought for sure cfeather...Corporate greed seems to be at an all time high these days and if you believe everything is Bigger and Better in Texas, than I suppose their corporate greed would follow suit!?!?!?

We will all have to keep our eyes open for any new similar products looming on the horizon.

Peace,

Mary

mkhoch

Postby mkhoch » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:17 pm

Like the rest of you, I feel both cheated by Photodex and mislead. The only reason I bought V2.6 in the fall was because they said there was no problem - we'd all get 3 for free. Then they turn around and tell folks that bought it we got our free upgrade and so we should just shut up. I've sent photodex a couple emails expressing my dissatisfaction with their decision to leave us in the cold on this one and they don't even have the courtesy to respond.

Sadly, I think their product is about the best out there so I will continue to use it. I will never buy anything from them again though and will certainly steer folks clear of them who ask me about my slide shows.

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion