MP4 vs. Direct Playback

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

MP4 vs. Direct Playback

Postby RickA » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:57 am

I am preparing for a big family event, as my father turns 99 this weekend. I have a nice video at the ready featuring over seven decades of photos.

My question has to do with playing the video for our audience. One of the things that has so impressed me about ProShow Producer is how well it plays a video during the creation process (in stark contrast to Premiere Elements, which shows videos in super-low res). In fact, when I ask for playback to be Full Screen, I can't tell the difference between that and the playback from a high-resolution MP4 file.

Is there one? Do I need to bother with exporting my video to MP4 if it will be played on the same system that created it? Could I not just load it within PSP and play it from there? What are the pros and cons? I would appreciate a nice discussion about this or being directed to one that might already exist. TIA.

Rick A.
Pleasanton CA

Re: MP4 vs. Direct Playback

Postby Riekelt » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:17 am

Hi Rick,

When I present my home made slideshow in public I use the "export to USB flash drive"
Video options :
* Resolution: 1080p
* Quality : 30fps. High Quality ( Recommended)

Or I make an MP4 file by choosing "export to Youtube and than choose "save video to my computer".
Video options:
* Quality: 1080p

and I have great resolution in MP4 format. satisfied audience :)

succes

Riekelt
Riekelt Koffeman

WIN10 PSP 9.0
MAC OSX Photoshop / Lightroom
Foto CANON 80D

Return to PSP - General Discussion