Cell Phone Images

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Cell Phone Images

Postby Merle Bievenour » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:52 am

I have always taken images with my Nikon cameras & produced shows. Now with my cell phone being so handy I've taken so many images that I would like to produce shows. Has anyone pursued this & have your results been favorable?

Re: Cell Phone Images

Postby heckydog » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:05 pm

I usually use the camera on my phone for spur of the moment type images. If I'm going to a planned event such as a reunion, picnic, grad party, I would prefer to use a regular DSLR. I've never done a show using camera photos.

You should put together a small show, 20 or 30 slides, using your camera photos and see if it's up to the standards you'd like for your shows. Or, take the Nikon and your phone and shoot a variety of photos, indoor, outdoor, action, shooting side by side shots under controlled conditions. That should give you an idea of how they stack up against one another.

hth,

Joe

Postby cherub » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:09 pm

It depends on your cellphone, of course, but pictures from a good cellphone are quite alright in a show.
I've done several shows like this, mostly about my travels abroad, and I was pretty happy with them.
I wouldn't venture on weddings or celebrations , but all the rest are perfectly acceptable.
Try to shoot more horizontal pictures than vertical ones, so that you can fill the page in your show, and don't take vertical video clips. Those look awful on a wide screen, in my opinion. :D
In any case, people who are good with cameras, and know how to take pictures, are also good with their cellphones :D :D

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:50 am

Hi

My son takes many photo with his smartphone when trekking in the mountains and then I make shows.

He has a smartphone with a good camera inside it and takes photo with the highest quality offered by it. Then the quality is good for a show.
Last time a friend also sent his smartphone photos : the quality was a bit lower.

Then it depends the smartphone camera quality and the parameters choosen by the owner...
Chris Marie

Postby Merle Bievenour » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Thanks for all your comments & help!

Return to PSP - General Discussion