DVD? Memory Stick? What do you primarily use?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

DVD? Memory Stick? What do you primarily use?

Postby BocaBuckeye » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:56 am

Hello everyone!

Due to family matters, I've been away from PSE for a few years; it's nice to be back and to see familiar names.

A friend asked me to create a show for her father's wake and that was all it took, I've got the bug back. Now I can't wait to create more PSP shows for family and friends... and possibly a client or two.

I have a few questions.

Do you still create your shows on DVDs for your clients? If not, what are you using to deliver the show to your clients? Memory stick? ?

How do you label your client's DVDs? Printer? If so, which one? If not, what else are you using?

Thanks for listening. :-)

Happy Weekend!

Catherine
The world needs more smiles, laughter, and heartwarming tears . . . doing my part, one video at a time.

Re: DVD? Memory Stick? What do you primarily use?

Postby ginger » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi Catherine,

I've been away for a while too, but occasionally do a show for a family member. I think it depends on what equipment they'll be viewing it on. I created one for my daughter on DVD only to have to convert it to a flash drive to play on their smart tv. When I put them on DVDs I used my Epson Artisan printer to print directly to DVD and they turned out really well, but you can create higher quality formats with video (especially for the larger screens). The ProShow blog (proshowblog.com) in the past has had some posts about beautiful presentations for delivering slideshows to clients, but I couldn't find what I was looking for when I did a search.

As I'm sure you've noticed, this forum is very slow these days. I personally think the biggest reason for that is that the newer browsers were unable to run the Presenter plugin. The alternative is to set up a Vimeo or YouTube account and post your videos there, but most people don't seem to want to be bothered doing that. Hope you'll make the effort and share some of your videos here. I think that there are still people visiting, even if they're not posting much these days.

ginger

Postby BocaBuckeye » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a printer like your Epson, but I didn't want to invest extra $s only to have DVDs be the next dinosaur. :D
Using a printer would certainly create a better-looking DVD label than those that I create with a Sharpie. :shock: I do have a YouTube page that I upload shows for family and friends.

The last two shows that I created were for Wake services; and while those are not happy occasions, the shows were well received and I believe cathartic.

Be well,

Catherine
The world needs more smiles, laughter, and heartwarming tears . . . doing my part, one video at a time.

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:43 am

Hello

DVD is poor quality nowadays when people are accustomed to HD and even 4K quality

mp4 files on USB stick or memory cards are the only way to keep good quality.

BlueRays also exist but no so many people use them

When I want to present a show to a person or group who have a TV, not too old (hdmi plug necessary) but not up to date, I use a Raspberry PI : it is an inexpensive HD video reader...
Last edited by Marie78 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Marie

Postby cdcd » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:33 am

Hello,

I usually burn my shows of our travels (50 minutes - 700 to 800 photos!) on DVD: 1 for myself and the other ones for the people who are interested in. Almost everybody owns a standalone DVD-player and a DVD is really cheap if you buy a spindle. Even boxed DVD's are cheap enough. For myself I always burn also a Blu-Ray disc as the image quality is really astonishing, but you have to realize that not everybody has a BD-player.
As to MP4-files, the image quality is almost the same as Blu-Ray but your laptop/PC/tablet/smart TV has to be powerful enough as otherwise you may have faltering effects which is really embarrassing.
So my conclusion is that - just for now anyway -a DVD offers an acceptable picture quality for (almost) everybody at an affordable price.

Kind regards!
Carlos

Postby Marc NY » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:17 am

Hi Everyone!

I haven't been around for approx. 3 years. Life has been very hectic but now... wahoo!!! All three of my daughters are now finally married. :mrgreen:

I want to get back into making slideshows on a regular basis again. I saw this thread, so I hope it is OK to make a comment or two in here. (If you think I need to start up a new thread let me know) I just purchased the latest update ProShow 9 and the menus seem slightly different but I am trying to get back into the slideshow groove. I have a BD Player and a 4K Sony TV and I really love the high quality of the slideshows and pictures on my Blu-ray discs. The problem is most people including my daughters do not own a Blu-ray player. The problem a few years ago were that there was no other way to actually produce or burn 4K quality discs but only on a Blu-ray recorder. Now there is upscale 4K Players that play back FULL 4K quality. And now I really want to be able to make and play 4K slideshows, especially on their 4K TVs so what is the next best alternate way of showing up to 4K images on a 4K TV? A memory stick or perhaps 4K on Youtube or Vimeo? I don't believe there are many 4K burners out there. That being said, I would probably prefer a memory stick because it might be somewhat easier to use than connecting to the internet?

So... what 4K format burning option would you think would be the best approach to get some great 4K results?

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Return to PSP - General Discussion