I need some help please

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Honorary ProShow PHD

I need some help please

Postby Penny47 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi, I have not been on here for a very long time things happen in ones life and stuff gets put aside. Anyhow my question is my PC has crashed and i am no long able to use my windows 7 that I had. I now have Linux MX can anyone tell me if I am able to use my PSP or PSG with this OS ? Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers Penny

Re: I need some help please

Postby Jeep » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:16 pm

No Penny, you can't !! The desktop release of ProShow is - for now - only PC compatible

Anyway you could use ProShow Web but it won't be as easy because you will have to upload all your photos, videos and music to the Photodex server and it's not free if you want to have the same features as the desktop version.

Another solution is to use a PC emulation like Wine with Linux. I try this way a few weeks ago and it worked fine
Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: I need some help please

Postby Penny47 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:34 pm

Hi Jean-Pierre, Many thanks for that I will look into using the Wine, I am very new to this Linux and so have to start learning it all from start but I must say I actually really do like the OS it seems to be much faster than the old Windows. But there are a few programs that I am no longer able to use, but I am sure I can work around that.

Penny

Return to PSP - General Discussion