I want to use video as background for entire show

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

I want to use video as background for entire show

Postby Jeffneon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:27 am

I have 20 slides set with wizard with layers and transitions.
How can I set a mp4 file with sound as the background showing it occasionally between slides (eg. 4-5 and 11-12).
Thanks

Re: I want to use video as background for entire show

Postby cherub » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:26 pm

Jeffneon wrote:I have 20 slides set with wizard with layers and transitions.
How can I set a mp4 file with sound as the background showing it occasionally between slides (eg. 4-5 and 11-12).
Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum.

In ProShow it is not possible to have a single video clip run as background throughout your entire show.
It is only possible to have a video background in an individual slide.
What you could do, in your case, is to insert the video 4 times in the show, one time for each of the slides that you mentioned. You can then adjust manually the starting point in each slide.
Not an ideal situation, but this is all you can do.

Postby heckydog » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:02 am

If the most important aspect of your project is to have the video play continuously behind your still images, you could do that easily with a video editor that has multiple layers. There are inexpensive and even free video editors that can do it. A google search will turn up a number of options.

Put your video file as the bottom layer. Then add your photos on the layer(s) above that. You may have to compromise on some of the other effects that PSP offers, but that's a decision only you can make. It's helpful to have as many tools as possible at your disposal when it comes to creativity.

Joe

Postby Jeep » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:20 pm

You may group your 20 slides on a single slide and use ProShow like a video editor with the help of the keyframe editor ! Not common but feasable
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Valued Member

Postby Lin Evans » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:35 am

There are other slideshow products which can do this easily, but unless you have and use more than one product sometimes work-around's are the best solution. The video editor as mentioned is probably the least expensive way to go for your project...

Best regards,

Lin

Return to PSP - General Discussion